Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:Every Waves sale will come around again eventually. I seem to remember them having an annual August sale that is pretty tremendous, like buy 2, get 1 free (all with discounted prices on top) or something like that.
You are definitely right, but I just don't want to miss them and then have to wait for the next time they go on sale...
BTW Uncle E, seems JRR's price for those three products I mentioned (bss drp 402, J37 and NLS) has not been updated.
Also, waves are offering "buy more to save more," will there be some deal like that at JRR?
Thanks! :party:
Trance, Trance Is Life

sqigls wrote:
Uncle E wrote:Yes! Only Apple breaks all compatibility with every worthless revision. ;)
Long live Mavericks!
El Capitan, at your service :phones:

As you may know, Patchpool is having a vote based sale, and we only need 2 more people to vote for Soundtoys for it to reach the max 30% off discount. If 2 of you would be so kind as to vote in this thread, it would be appreciated. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=506569

Just hit reply and copy and paste the following (or add whatever else you wish to vote for).
My vote is for Soundtoys Toolbox! :party:

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:
Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Line 6 are having a Scorching Summer Software Sale in their webshop through July 31.

30% off with code SUMMER30.

Applies to all software, they say. Includes Helix Native!

I have an email in at Sweetwater to see if retailers are participating.
Sweetwater is participating. Not sure about other retailers.
Is line 6 Helix Native worth owning if you dont (yet) own the hardware? Would it give you a good idea of what the hardware is capable of?

Anyone have any experience with FrozenPlain's Obelisk? Looks interesting. Don't see any record of it going on sale, specifically. Does FrozenPlain offer discounts to folks on their email list?

I picked up the APD bundle with Colourform, Chordophones, and Arctic Strings. Those are brilliant libraries! Haven't seen anything else quite like them.
Last edited by Tappistry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yep. That bundle is a no-brainer if there ever was one.

Uncle E wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Need to say, in the end bought it nonetheless, now. Well, just because the price and transient section, worthy feature. Though i think could be organise the same effect with some other delays thru some chain, but, just convenient when already as is.
That's a nice feature. I use transient designers on my delay and reverb sends all the time, it's a great way to fill space without standing out. On the beta version of Roomer, we have the Lexicon PCM70 Diffusion built-in and it can make delays sound like reverbs without the tails.
Hm, never heard about Roomer reverb, googled it just now, fun price :lol:
How long his maximum decay btw ?

Tappistry wrote:Anyone have any experience with FrozenPlain's Obelisk? Looks interesting. Don't see any record of it going on sale, specifically. Does FrozenPlain offer discounts to folks on their email list?

I picked up the APD bundle with Colourform, Chordophones, and Arctic Strings. Those are brilliant libraries! Haven't seen anything else quite like them.
Obelisk went on sale last Black Friday, if I'm not mistaken. I almost bought it, but by the time I got some good feedback on it, I missed the sale. People who have used it like it.

So I just picked up Boz Digital's ProVocative detuner/thickener for just under $17 athe JRR Shop. Probably could do what it does - add slight doubling by slightly detuning up and down with a tiny delay - but it would take a couple of plugs. Has anyone actually tried it? If I have time after cleaning up after the ant attack we are having this week, I will give it a try. For the price it was worth grabbing it.

dzilizzi wrote:
Tappistry wrote:Anyone have any experience with FrozenPlain's Obelisk? Looks interesting. Don't see any record of it going on sale, specifically. Does FrozenPlain offer discounts to folks on their email list?

Obelisk went on sale last Black Friday, if I'm not mistaken. I almost bought it, but by the time I got some good feedback on it, I missed the sale. People who have used it like it.

So I just picked up Boz Digital's ProVocative detuner/thickener for just under $17 athe JRR Shop. Probably could do what it does - add slight doubling by slightly detuning up and down with a tiny delay - but it would take a couple of plugs. Has anyone actually tried it? If I have time after cleaning up after the ant attack we are having this week, I will give it a try. For the price it was worth grabbing it.
I tried the demo and it is very good - does what you think it should no fuss no bother

c_voltage wrote:Hm, never heard about Roomer reverb, googled it just now, fun price :lol:
5 seconds. The sale price ended but I can put it back on sale for you if you want to get it.

dzilizzi wrote:So I just picked up Boz Digital's ProVocative detuner/thickener for just under $17 athe JRR Shop. Probably could do what it does - add slight doubling by slightly detuning up and down with a tiny delay - but it would take a couple of plugs. Has anyone actually tried it? If I have time after cleaning up after the ant attack we are having this week, I will give it a try. For the price it was worth grabbing it.
The frequency faders are a more controllable version of Soundtoys Microshift's Focus knob.

Uncle E wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Hm, never heard about Roomer reverb, googled it just now, fun price :lol:
5 seconds. The sale price ended but I can put it back on sale for you if you want to get it.
Got it, no no, thanks Eric (i fan only long decays and freezes lol).

dzilizzi wrote:

Thanks for that. Seems to be pretty reasonably priced as it is anyways, but it never hurts to check!

Plugin Alliance is having a 48 hour sale on UA Zip and Subsynth for $49 with special voucher codes. I'm guessing you can't stack your monthly voucher on top of these?

I'm guessing Zip can't be had for much less, usually. Maybe Black Friday for a better price?

Uncle E wrote:
sqigls wrote:Long live Mavericks!
Seriously! At this point, I only upgrade because they've successfully convinced me that I'll be attacked by Malware if I don't. The new features and changes are almost always useless.
I've been pretty pleased with the smoothness of Windows 10. Updates haven't broken anything on my end ... yet.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”