Kontakt 5 Stuttering

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason, I use Kontakt to playback a kickdrum, very hard long kick used in hardcore, yet Kontakt cannot play it back properly. Seems to stutter and doesn't sound right. I use group cutting for voices, could this be the reason ? Or is it the ADSR being too surgical ?

Or is there something in it's engine that cannot cope with the sample ? Tried it from DFD to Sample , doesn't change it.

Poise, on the other hand ,copes perfectly, but you cannot easily pitch the kick using midi.

EDIT, might be the wrong place to post this, I just realised, but if a mod wants to move it, all good, my bad. :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote:I use group cutting for voices, could this be the reason ? Or is it the ADSR being too surgical ?
Perhaps a combination?

What's your voicegroup Mode setting? Any or Oldest?

What's your voicegroup Pref.Rel setting? Yes or No?

Etienne1973 wrote:
LeVzi wrote:I use group cutting for voices, could this be the reason ? Or is it the ADSR being too surgical ?
Perhaps a combination?

What's your voicegroup Mode setting? Any or Oldest?

What's your voicegroup Pref.Rel setting? Yes or No?

The voice group is set to Any, and the pref. rel is Yes.

fade time is zero.

Are you in DFD or "sampler" mode?

EvilDragon wrote:Are you in DFD or "sampler" mode?
I've tried both tbh, and had no change in the result.

Time to post the sample and NKI, if you can. :D

I've experimented a little, and setting the voices to 2 or more and the stuttering lessens, and is more fluid, but why ? I am completely lost as to why ?

Could be because the voice first needs to be played (even for a millisecond) before it's killed by the max poly setting?

In any case, could be some other stuff happening in the patch, which is why I asked for it :)

Try deleting the volume envelope, I had a similar problem and it worked for me. :wink:

Thanks everyone :) Does seem to be fixed now. Seems one voice just isnt enough.

Return to “Effects”