VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

Actually while Im asking for module suggestions, anyone know any 'classic' S&H and T&H modules?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
lnikj wrote:There are 2 or 3 modules that will convert triggers to gates and at least two clocks that have pulse width controls.
wanna name them? cos I couldnt find anything easily.
AS ReGate (Commercial)
Alikins Gate Length

Impromptu Modular Clocked
TheXOR PWM Clock

whyterabbyt wrote:Actually while Im asking for module suggestions, anyone know any 'classic' S&H and T&H modules?
Not sure if these count as classic, but I generally use:

Southpole Sssh...
ML Modules S&H 8

cheers on both counts.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yep the list of available modules is overwhelming , and I can' t be bothered to download all of them just to look for some fundamental modules .
I'm already having a huge list of freeware modules ( vult stuff is amazing )
I am trying to make a best of selection , and keep it that way .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

JUst noticed that right clicking the 'autodafe' sequencer gives us some gate mode options
-trigger ( standard and way too short )
-re-trigger = this is what we need
-continous (
Eyeball exchanging

whyterabbyt wrote:Actually while Im asking for module suggestions, anyone know any 'classic' S&H and T&H modules?
Under audible instruments , utilities .
Lower section , route a square lfo in trig in , the output will give you a s/H
No need to route a noise osc into it, the sample and hold process obviously happens under the hood ...
Eyeball exchanging

suggestion at developer .
The option to use numpad and functions buttons from the querty keyboard .
Letters are used to control cv , so we can use the other buttons for other duties ( seq start/reset etc )
Eyeball exchanging

VCV has released Spectra, a 16-band spectral designer with two filter bank models. It is modeled on the 296r Spectral Processor but also includes an ideal digital model for more transparent character.

Spectral processors popularized vocoding in the field of audio synthesis, so Spectra makes it easy to modulate all 16 bands with an additional "auxiliary" input which simulates a second set of filter banks modulating each band level.

It can be used as a multimode filter as well, with the CV-controllable Master Filter section.

Available at https://vcvrack.com/Spectra.html for $30. VCV Spectra is one of five plugins that directly supports development of VCV Rack.

VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Anyone has experienced DAW connection via VST Bridge at high buffer size?
In REAPER, I had a track with a drum machine and another track with the VST bridge... I had to increase the buffer size to get rid of pops/clicks/farts, which worked, but at that point VCV could not keep up with the DAW's clock anymore, like big time.
I'm definitely not sure how the whole thing works, if the Bridge can be improved or if that's just to be expected as you get out and back inside the DAW at high buffer sizes... but if that's the case, I see why users stress the importance of the VST version.
I'm not exactly sure on how to integrate VCV in actual DAW projects in conjunction with everything else, otherwise.

Other than that, I can't really find enough words to express how awesome this thing is.
A fair amount of freeware lovers would likely tell me to STFU and don't give any bad idea to the dev, but I'd be perfectly fine if this was sold at $100-150 for a solid and fully supported VST version. To me, the product is basically already there, and it is a great product.

If you can live with (most of) the open source modules, this VST fork could be worth a look -no bridge needed. Not sure whether it's better latency wise, but it might be worth a try:
https://github.com/bsp2/VeeSeeVSTRack

VCV Rack has some very interesting modules whick lives somewhere on Github yet. Here is my video about one of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHjh1_RKapg

Is there any Multi-Segment Envelope Module available?
Fernando (FMR)

Mutable Stages might be ported soon as "Audible Instruments Segment Generator", depending on my schedule.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

@vortico: Just wondering, do you have any plans for a VST version ? (/porting back my modifications) people seem to love the VSVR fork, and IMHO, it's quite handy for actual (multi-track) music making (i.e. you can use multiple (polyphonic) instances, route one instance into another, mix it with other VST FX and instruments, and so on).
https://github.com/bsp2/VeeSeeVSTRack

Return to “Modular Synthesis”