MResynthesis ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wouldn’t that be crazy, Melda’s take on additive & spectral resynthesis to crunch older resynth synths like Harmor and Alchemy… With its magic spicy touch, I’m sure the synth would be fantastic and ultra powerful.

No? :pray: :hyper:

I would love to have an MResynthesis EFFECT, rather than an instrument. Something that will analyse and resynthsize an input in realtime (with massive latency is fine).

Having the ability to process the resynthesis with effects similar to image processing... in that a resynthesis engine will convert the audio input into a spectrogram, which can then be processed by various image processing filters before being converted back to audio. Imagine the sort of filters you have in Photoshop, and being able to apply them at runtime to sounds... pretty wild.

vectorwarrior wrote:I would love to have an MResynthesis EFFECT, rather than an instrument. Something that will analyse and resynthsize an input in realtime (with massive latency is fine).

Having the ability to process the resynthesis with effects similar to image processing... in that a resynthesis engine will convert the audio input into a spectrogram, which can then be processed by various image processing filters before being converted back to audio. Imagine the sort of filters you have in Photoshop, and being able to apply them at runtime to sounds... pretty wild.
Yes that would be great too. An instrument would probably be more complete and powerful since it doesn't have to be real-time processed, but an effect would be crazy too. I wouldn't mind the latency neither. BTW there are several of Max For Live devices that do exactly this, they can FFT process the incoming audio with image filtering & different exotic weird spectral effects. In case you own Max...

Hopefully a MResynthesis will see the day, since resynthesis is something that has not yet been tackled by Melda... :D :pray:

I'd rather see an instrument than an effect if we're going to get one or the other. For the same reason I prefer granular synthesis to be instrument-like: lots more options when it comes to how you work with time. Things like time stretching/compression, whipping around the timeline randomly, and generally anything that treats time in a 'non-linear' way are off the table or need to be fudged somehow in a 100% real-time context.

Neon Breath wrote:Wouldn’t that be crazy, Melda’s take on additive & spectral resynthesis to crunch older resynth synths like Harmor and Alchemy… With its magic spicy touch, I’m sure the synth would be fantastic and ultra powerful.

No? :pray: :hyper:
Absolutely - this would be way cool. Alchemy was unique in this capability AFAIK - that is, there was no other synth I've encountered that did what it did in the way it did it. I'm using past tense since I'm a PC user - and f*ck Camel Audio for abandoning an enthusiastic and loyal user base.

MSoundFactory - if any synth was ever to fill the gap created by the removal of Alchemy from the general marketplace, MSF would be a great way for that to happen.

I want resynthesis so much.
I wonder how Melda will approach it?
There are different ways it can be achieved.

PPG Infinite Pro, has a great solution.
It analyses the audio and then represents it as individual sine waves.
All the sines have independent control over frequency, gain, decay.
Worth checking out, if you haven't already.

If I know Melda though they will do something very special, as usual.
Looking forward to it. Hopefully in MSoundFactory.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Harmor can also do resynthesis, it's pretty decent but lacks the sort of cool processing effects on the analysis that I was talking about. Worth checking out.

vectorwarrior wrote:Harmor can also do resynthesis, it's pretty decent but lacks the sort of cool processing effects on the analysis that I was talking about. Worth checking out.
Plus, Harmor only does additive sound construction using sine waves. Alchemy offers concurrent sine and noise additive sound construction - although either could be used individually and often was in presets.

vectorwarrior wrote:Harmor can also do resynthesis, it's pretty decent but lacks the sort of cool processing effects on the analysis that I was talking about. Worth checking out.
It's not quite the same as having it 100% in-synth, but Harmor is set up to play very nicely with an external image editor! Once you've analysed your sound and converted the result to image synthesis mode, Harmor supports copying/pasting image data directly to/from the clipboard, so there's no need to save tons of image files when experimenting. Just hit copy in Harmor, then hit paste in your image editor (or vice versa). Supports both linear and logarithmic plots, and you can also copy/paste the amplitude and frequency planes independently if you like.

I'd say you're underselling Harmor a bit by calling it 'pretty decent' incidentally. It's probably the most powerful analysis-synthesis plug-in out there by quite some margin. It's remarkably deep. My favourite trick is using the prism module with a custom prism shape to do 'whammy' style octave drops on individual (or small groups/patterns of) harmonics. Definitely well worth giving it another look if resynthesis is your thing!

We'll get to that with MSoundFactory ;). As for "effect" - well, there's like infinite ways to do that, but strangely most of them wouldn't work that well unfortunately. At least those I quickly imagined in my tired head :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:We'll get to that with MSoundFactory ;).
Wait, wait... So you are saying that the upcoming MSoundFactory will do spectral & additive resynthesis?

That's what you are saying? :hyper:

This sounds great. I’m really looking forward to this feature. MPS can already do basic additive stuff, but full spectral features would be great. Especially with the ability to import and export them as pics.

I think a more advanced version of this would be good.

MPowerSynth Osc Morph https://youtu.be/VUiFiZNKjj0

Neon Breath wrote:
Wait, wait... So you are saying that the upcoming MSoundFactory will do spectral & additive resynthesis?

Sure, it's all about programming the actual modules ;). I already have finished the stuff from MPowerSynth, now I need to do the per-voice modulation system, which is one of the biggest challenges in such a brutal modular system, but I think it should work well and soon there should be a first beta (for testers only of course). There we need to settle the main engine, and after that we can start with further modules like samplers, granular synths, etc.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:

Sure, it's all about programming the actual modules ;). I already have finished the stuff from MPowerSynth, now I need to do the per-voice modulation system, which is one of the biggest challenges in such a brutal modular system, but I think it should work well and soon there should be a first beta (for testers only of course). There we need to settle the main engine, and after that we can start with further modules like samplers, granular synths, etc.
This is nuts. Resynthesis!!! :hyper: :party: :hug:

Will it allow spectral synthesis via image analysis too?

Chandlerhimself wrote:(video)
Great channel you've got there. Melda's own video tutorials are great, but it's nice to have some solid third party options too.

Return to “MeldaProduction”