Serum discount?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any discount for this synth like around Christmas or something like that at all?

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Xfer unfortunately never does sales. Steve Duda has said that he doesn't really believe in sales as it's unfair to people who make a purchase the day before the sale starts, etc.

SALES? Never!!

Search the Forum SALES. Someone may be trying to sell theirs for a lower price!

Maybe make a wtb thread in the kvr sell/buy forum?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

lelderkin wrote:Xfer unfortunately never does sales. Steve Duda has said that he doesn't really believe in sales as it's unfair to people who make a purchase the day before the sale starts, etc.
Wow. That is so respectable. I'm short on cash so I'm really considering the rent to own option since it's only about $20 more in the end, unlike a rent to own saxaphone which you pay much much for in the end.
In the future there will be robots!

theorize wrote:
lelderkin wrote:Xfer unfortunately never does sales. Steve Duda has said that he doesn't really believe in sales as it's unfair to people who make a purchase the day before the sale starts, etc.
Wow. That is so respectable. I'm short on cash so I'm really considering the rent to own option since it's only about $20 more in the end, unlike a rent to own saxaphone which you pay much much for in the end.
How is it $20 more? Serum costs $189. The rent-to-own is 19 × 9.99, which makes $189.81

I’m renting it.

I have the money to buy it outright but why do that when there’s an interest free financing option available :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

There is also the educational discount. But your license becomes NFR.

I was thinking to wait for Synthmaster 3 to see will it be really the only one you need,eventually consider Dune3 or Zebra3 to be added to the arsenal,but for sure will buy Serum cuz it's so high resolution i can't resist any more and users ask me why don't do presets for it - too many synths is not my cup of tea,just best ones :):):)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:I was thinking to wait for Synthmaster 3 to see will it be really the only one you need
Let me guess the developer said this.

Surely you’re able to look past these marketing claims.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I have big expectation for SM3 and i would change the logo to 'Hardware sound from virtual synth' or something - SM2 is a beast but no fun programming it - Serum is more intuitive and easy going from any aspect but i guess SM3 will have GUI of SM1 which along with Sylenth are personally to me most inspiring synths now - also need better hardware for my home studio and wonder which has priority cuz every new synth is time for exploring and generating ideas :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:I was thinking to wait for Synthmaster 3 to see will it be really the only one you need...
NO Synth will ever be the only one you need (unless you don't really need ANY synth, in which case ANY synth will be the only one you'll ever need) :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I appreciate Steve's sense of fairness but I'm glad that's not a reason you can't find a sale on a new car or new home or even a dishwasher because someone already paid full price the other day. I bet Steve himself takes advantage of a sale from time to time like most of us without feeling guilty about it. Offering customers a window of "opportunity" to save a little money while promoting sales is a proven winner for both sales and customers imo. Ok,so sometimes we miss out on a sale on something but we catch a sale on something else at another time. That's just how it goes sometimes. Paying full price for something you want is not losing but catching a sale once in a while is winning.
Can you imagine no "Plugin Boutique Sales?" no Xmas sales,no Thanksgiving day sales etc simply because there are people out there who have already paid full price so it wouldn't be fair therefore, no sales for anybody ever? That's what doesn't sound fair to me.
sorry for the rant. :)
Last edited by dblock on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 am, edited 8 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”