Low recording audio.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use T6. Recordings and playback are loud with headphones but without headphones, its barely audible at all.

What sort of levels do the level meters show? Both individual tracks and master?
Are you using audio or MIDI clips? What do the audio thumbnails look like are they large or barely recognisable?

NecroCreep wrote:I use T6. Recordings and playback are loud with headphones but without headphones, its barely audible at all.
Then you need to look at the difference between the amplification of your headphones and the amplification of 'without'.

Unfortunately, since you've provided no more info on your audio setup, that's about as much help as anyone can give right now.

But its almost certainly nothing to do with Tracktion; that will all be happening after audio leaves the computer, let alone after its left Tracktion.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

dRowAudio wrote:What sort of levels do the level meters show? Both individual tracks and master?
Are you using audio or MIDI clips? What do the audio thumbnails look like are they large or barely recognisable?
Im using audio clips and the audio thumbnails seem to be pretty large. The output of my laptop speakers might be super low and idk what to do. Everything is on max

Relying on the internal sound system is unusual for anyone using DAWs. It's safe to say that the vast majority of us are using interfaces of one sort or another. Computers have rarely if ever been capable of simultaneous playback and recording, for one thing.

It might be worth your while taking a look at the Getting Started forum ( viewforum.php?f=74 ) and searching for interfaces. Many will allow you to send the sound output to an amplifier (or to heapdhones), where you can set the volume as loud as you wish. I don't know the state of current interfaces, what price range you'd be happy with, or where you're based, but magazines like Computer Music, MusicTecMag, Sound On Sound, and Future Music often review new hardware including audio interfaces.

This is a link to the MusicTech Magazine interface reviews:
http://www.musictech.net/tag/best-audio-interfaces/
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

NecroCreep wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:What sort of levels do the level meters show? Both individual tracks and master?
Im using audio clips and the audio thumbnails seem to be pretty large. The output of my laptop speakers might be super low and idk what to do. Everything is on max

At the very least, then, you probably need to look at getting amplified external speakers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Tracktion”