My new Steel Guitar, what do you think?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been recording the samples for my 2nd steel guitar library in Kontakt for the last 2 weeks. I finally got
all but the bottom 2 strings recorded and edited so I wanted to give them a test. I downloaded a live steel
guitar off the net to test it against and right now I'm pretty happy with it. The actual samples sound pretty
good all by themselves but in this mockup I do have a few FX on it like reverb, a little compression, and slight
EQ.

Anyway, I've made an mp3 with with my midi steel along with the steel I downloaded. Give a listen and let
me know what you think, can you tell which is which? There's no doubt you can tell, but I'm very happy with
the way mine turned out. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hYo2-e ... sp=sharing

It seems that you've really been busy - 10 posts in 11 years... :lol:

Your steel guitar samples sound great, I just had wished more variation for the demos, different articulations etc. But so far so good.

Sounds good!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Thanks guys. :)
It seems that you've really been busy - 10 posts in 11 years... :lol:
Ha ha, well, yah gotta start sometime. :D

Sounds wonderful, thanks! Where's your FIRST library!? And when's this one likely to available—I want!

Sounding sweet, keep us informed.

Thanks fellas, my first library actually sounds pretty good but it required so many controllers it was just too
complicated to put out that way.

I'm not sure when this one will be ready, I've still got two strings and the harmonics to record yet. When I get
them done I should have a better idea.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”