BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Thanks for this best free ARPeggiator. :tu:

Any chance to get a resizable GUI?

Chris
Last edited by Chris-S on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

what is the latest official Bluearp Version?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

BlueARP v2.2.5 / 26-Jun-2017

HI all. Finally, I fixed a bug with OSX and here's BlueARP 2.2.6, but still unofficial release.
I didn't publish on my website, cause still I didn't check all the bugs posted above.

I spent several hours debugging in xcode to find pointer assignment bug.
There was a flaw in file open/save logic. It corrupted one memory location semi-randomly.
For some reason it was OK on Windows, but always crashed on Mac.
Fixed for both windows and Mac.

And it's this new enlarged GUI, all patch controls on one page.

WINDOWS:
BlueARP_Win_v2.2.6.zip
MAC VST:
BlueARP_OSX_VST_v2.2.6.zip
MAC MIDI-FX
BlueARP_OSX_MFX_v2.2.6.zip
I'm pretty sure as sonn I release it officially, patch/bank format will stay the same, so it will be compatible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks a lot !
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

phreaque wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:Quick update: BlueARP v2.2.6, but yet Windows only
BlueARP_Win_v2.2.6.zip
The main change is enlarged GUI - now all the controls ara again on one screen without page switching.
Basically it's the same version I posted before, but now x64 also included.

I have random crashes in Logic 10 (not sure they were there before).
But it will take more time to fix it on Mac.
Master, just wanted to report a little bug. In FL Studio, when renderning a project, the 1st note in pianoroll of the VSTi linked to BlueARP is being bypassed.
Would you like to send you an flp file for debugging quickly?
Yes, FLP will be helpful, better if you can make it small - just one track and VSTi.
Also as a possible workaround - if you move the 1st note to the right, so it doesn't start at 00:00, will it help?

Tevez wrote:Hi "A Recurring Problem",
So let's say when playing Cm, I want a Bass melody:
C1-D#1-G1, no matter how I play that chord.
Can this be set somehow?
I think "Transpose" will generally transpose a note, it won't "force" the note to be in a specific octave.
Set order algorithm to "chord, normalized". In this case, regardless of the inversion you play, input keys post-filter should be C-D#-G for Cm. At least it was designed so.
Chord recognition is not as smart as on the arrangers though, but at least it should work if you play triads.

Thanks for the update. There is a newer version of my skin file here (including two more skins): viewtopic.php?p=6612922#p6612922
Looks like those two new fields, ARP/MAIN and SETTINGS, are not compatible/readable with most of my skins unfortunately.

Image Image

graywolf2004 wrote:
phreaque wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:Quick update: BlueARP v2.2.6, but yet Windows only
BlueARP_Win_v2.2.6.zip
The main change is enlarged GUI - now all the controls ara again on one screen without page switching.
Basically it's the same version I posted before, but now x64 also included.

I have random crashes in Logic 10 (not sure they were there before).
But it will take more time to fix it on Mac.
Master, just wanted to report a little bug. In FL Studio, when renderning a project, the 1st note in pianoroll of the VSTi linked to BlueARP is being bypassed.
Would you like to send you an flp file for debugging quickly?
Yes, FLP will be helpful, better if you can make it small - just one track and VSTi.
Also as a possible workaround - if you move the 1st note to the right, so it doesn't start at 00:00, will it help?
Sure master, check you PM please.

Hi graywolf2004, I have two mods in my FX chain that could be useful as built-in features.

The first is the program change keys. I achieved this functionality by using Two Piz MIDI plugins: MIDI Converter 3 and MIDI Key Split 4. I send the lower octaves on my keyboard through channel 2; MIDI Converter receives the notes and converts them to program change values; then it passes these to BlueARP on channel 1. Works like a charm.

The second is to convert velocity to cc. To accomplish this, I use another instance of MIDI Converter 3, This time after BlueARP's output, to convert velocity to a cc that I have mapped to some control on my VSTi.

I should point out that no synths really had key velocity until the mid-80s, and I definitely don't need velocity for sequencing. You might condider making velocity a dropdown, where you can change it to CC.

Another idea is to have a text field in the blank space under settings. This would just be for program notes, like what notes to hold down to get the desired effect.

Finally---and this may be easier said than done---It would be helpful to have a scalable UI for HiDPI screens. If this is too much work, consider a setting where you can double the size of the GUI. Someone created a 2x UI for Oatmeal, and even though it looks kind of 8bit/pixellated, I find it way easier to use.

Thanks for the best arpeggiator among all I know, and I think I tried 99% of them.

Some thoughts about improvement:

1. Presets - this is weak part of the Bluearp. You could not make your own bank, and more important, you could not make folders, like "base", "arpeggio", etc. and subfolders. I am still using old version, something like 2.2.2, because anytime I tried to install newer version, my preset base (in Reaper) disappears. It is 90 pages of discussion here, but nobody placed some presets, except developer's old 2014 ish coming with Bluearp. I think it is time to do something with presets.

2. Why do not make some money from BlueArp? it could be 10-15 dollars, plus small charge for preset banks etc. I would pay, your work deserves that definitely.

Krovatin, there is a menu where you can load and save banks. Also, the program browser in the upper-right corner of the GUI is divided into 8 groups of 16 programs each. You could save your gated chords to one group, your modulated basslines to another, your 'twinkly' arpeggio sweeps to a third, and so on.

But I agree with you that some other plugin management would be nice. I didn't save my programs in any kind of order when I started, and now that they're all over the place, I wish I could sort them.

Hello,

Can you tell me, if Bluearp is Windows 10 compatible (32 bits) and works under Fl Studio 12?

I have a master keyboard Arturia Essential 61 notes and it is connected by USB.

Having no midi port on this master keyboard, but only USB, Bluearp will it work?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Trancer wrote:Hello,

Can you tell me, if Bluearp is Windows 10 compatible (32 bits) and works under Fl Studio 12?

Sure yes.
I have a master keyboard Arturia Essential 61 notes and it is connected by USB.

Having no midi port on this master keyboard, but only USB, Bluearp will it work?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Of course.
Just need to route midi input and out correctly on the daw and the hardware controller.
Also in FL Studio environment, you need to pay attention on how to configure VSTs midi routing.
For example, BlueARP must be set to send midi output on port 0 (for example) and synth1 - which will receive the arpeggiation must be set to midi input port 0 as well.

Single instance of BlueARP can send arpeggiation to multiple varieties of VSTs.

And the opposite can be achieved if it is needed, where a single vst can receive notes from multiple BlueARPs

The developer prepared a very user friendly manual, explaining the setup for most popular daws in details.

Is there any chance for high PPI displays under Windows 10?
I believe it's something to do with declaring High PPI awareness settings

thank you

Return to “Instruments”