XILS-Lab site hacked?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was just headed to XILS-Lab's website to check out their products and I see this when I go there. Anyone else noticing this? Bums me out to see it...

Is this a one-off? Any other sites affected by this? :(

EDIT: Link retracted. Don't visit their website folks, apparently it's unsafe at the moment. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.....

UPDATE: official statement from Lotuzia, who works with XILS-Lab:
“Everything is fine and 100% safe again.

There was no access to database, no virus, no risk of beeing infe.ted by visiting the site. Only the front page was modified. Also : No Financial aspect at all.”
Last edited by KingTuck on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

I got the same thing, even after I confirmed I wasn't being redirected to another site.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Such a shame that decent music lovers could be targets. Why is this?

:lol: "Hacker Algeria Muslims Are Not Terrorists"

benheman wrote:Such a shame that decent music lovers could be targets. Why is this?
Their site was probably an easy target. Maybe the security software and measures they should have been using were out-of-date (or non-existent), but I don't think they were a "preferred target"--just an easy one. I doubt they even got enough traffic during a normal week for the hacker's message to be seen by many people.

But yeah, I don't think this is going to gain the hackers any followers. This was just a stupid, pointless attack on an innocent victim.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

masterhiggins wrote::lol: "Hacker Algeria Muslims Are Not Terrorists"
Can be anyone. Easy to pretend to be somebody else. That they would advertise blatantly as such fits the same bill as carrying videos on how to pilot a 767 airplane in one's luggage when hijacking such a plane. It is such a caricature.

BTW, the Cambridge Music Technology web site was hacked a couple of days ago. In that case it yielded a 404.

Seems like the Waves site would be the logical target.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

planetearth wrote: Their site was probably an easy target. Maybe the security software and measures they should have been using were out-of-date (or non-existent)
probably ILOKed his site.

benheman wrote:Such a shame that decent music lovers could be targets. Why is this?
Maybe they don't like the synths that they bought ? :wink:
No auto tune...

Whether their Algerian or not, makes no difference to me - I don’t understand these hackers hacking small business just trying to make a living. Obviously they have some skills, they could be productive, do something decent that helps people and earn a decent living.

Dasheesh wrote:
planetearth wrote: Their site was probably an easy target. Maybe the security software and measures they should have been using were out-of-date (or non-existent)
probably ILOKed his site.
:lol:

Then again, since Xils is a French company, and the French and Algeria have a "history".... :roll:

Google's already scanned the altered home page:
Capture.JPG
The home page seems to be the only one affected, though.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

perpetual3 wrote:Whether their Algerian or not, makes no difference to me - I don’t understand these hackers hacking small business just trying to make a living. Obviously they have some skills, they could be productive, do something decent that helps people and earn a decent living.

...or not

Hopefully the customer data was not comprimised :scared:

I'd like to see an officcial statement about that, please.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Malwarebytes also give me a warning when go to Xils lab.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Only the front page. All direct links to the rest are ok. I doubt customer data is hacked/stolen. Looks like a specific web page exploit.

Return to “Instruments”