Waveform 9.2.6 Beta Released

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, the latest version of Waveform 9 is now available as a public beta in your accounts:
https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/ ... rchive?v=9

Release notes
- Sampler: Added pitch shifting and time stretching
- Sampler: Added tool tips
- Sampler: Added option to duplicate and pitch shift sound layers
- Sampler: Added multi select to sound layers. Adjusting parameters will now set all selected layers
- Sampler: Added select preset when adding soundfonts

- Plugins: Added Support for pitch bend and mod wheel in VST3
- Linux: Removed libcurl version dependency for Ubuntu 18.04 compatibility
- Rendering: Fixed compatibility for plugins which have infinite tail times

- MIDI: Fixed chord editor from appearing on MIDI clips not using pattern generator
- MIDI: Fixed MIDI editor cursor for not appearing on Linux
- Presets: Allow track presets to be inserted into existing tracks
- Sampler: Fixed band stop filter
- Presets: Fixed a problem recalling Rack Faceplate assignments for parameters of plugins
- Racks: Asked to remove Rack types when deleting tracks with the last instances in a similar way to deleting Rack instances
- Tracks: Fixed a unused MIDI warning on tracks deeply nested in submixes

Hi,

Trying out 9.2.6 and loaded in a song I'm currently working on. The LFO I'm using in the Multi-Sampler to create a vibrato has a pitch depth (with the settings unaltered) of like 10x so now the vibrato is just a big wobbly mess.

I've had to scale the LFO depth down to a tiny tiny amount for it so sound normal (as in how it was in 9.2.5).

Edit: It seems to also affect volume too.

Cheers,
G.
Making Bitpop music....
Tracktion Waveform 11 under Ubuntu 20.04.
ROC CUbe Ryzen 3400G - 32GB RAM, 2xSSD, Integrated Radeon RC Vega 11 GPU
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

While I appreciate the new additions in Waveform I am sad to see, that the Rack Latency bug still isn´t fixed...
That the racks only compensate for the plugin with the highest latency in it makes them completely useless...

I'll check out the sampler issue, but are you sure it's affecting volume too?

Hey thanks. The new features are great additions.
As for the volume, I think I was incorrect about that so disregard the volume comment.

Cheers
G.
Making Bitpop music....
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

Trancit wrote:While I appreciate the new additions in Waveform I am sad to see, that the Rack Latency bug still isn´t fixed...
That the racks only compensate for the plugin with the highest latency in it makes them completely useless...
I've got a fix for that but it was big and needs thorough testing so won't be in a shipping version for a while.

Racks aren't completely useless. That's a bit of an exaggeration, there's only a problem if you have multiple plugins with latency in series. A lot of plugins don't have any latency so this isn't an issue.

dRowAudio wrote: Racks aren't completely useless. That's a bit of an exaggeration, there's only a problem if you have multiple plugins with latency in series. A lot of plugins don't have any latency so this isn't an issue.
Is there a way Tracktion could indicate with an icon which plugins are latency-free like the way it indicates if they are VST2 VST3 etc? I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything about seeing a plugins reported latency. That would help a lot. Thanks.

Hi,
it is really hard work to stay with Waveform (but I upgraded because of Biotek2 and Collective):
After installing 9.2.6 I get a crash window concerning MasterMix internal.
Even after disabling Waveform will not start.
After going back to 9.2.5 the issue disapeared.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dRowAudio wrote: Racks aren't completely useless. That's a bit of an exaggeration, there's only a problem if you have multiple plugins with latency in series. A lot of plugins don't have any latency so this isn't an issue.
I should have said "for me"
Of course there are a lot of non latency plugins out there, but an awful lot with latency too and I simply don´t want to care in every decision if I may use it or not... this makes Racks with this bug useless

I fixed the pitch knob in the sampler. I had adjusted the range of the pitch knob, since in the current version the numerical value doesn't match the amount of pitch shift. I've now added a conversion process for all your saved presets and state so the sound of your patches doesn't change.

I've also added round robin and random to the sampler.

Hooray! You guys are awesome!
So, that will be in the next beta (9.2.7) I assume.

G.
Making Bitpop music....

midklang wrote:Hi,
it is really hard work to stay with Waveform (but I upgraded because of Biotek2 and Collective):
Same for me. And I wasn't able to do a fresh install with 9.2.6 on Debian Stretch because of the curl thing, too. I need to install some additional libraries to get the installation working.

swindus wrote:
Same for me. And I wasn't able to do a fresh install with 9.2.6 on Debian Stretch because of the curl thing, too. I need to install some additional libraries to get the installation working.
This should be as simple as running

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install curl
You might need to also create a symlink for "libcurl.so" pointing to "libcurl.so.4". I'll fix that in the next beta so it can use either.

That's odd. We've not seen many crashes related to Master Mix. Can you please send us a crash log via support@tracktion.com along with a crashing project file and we'll take a look?

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,
dRowAudio wrote:... Can you please send us a crash log via support@tracktion.com along with a crashing project file ...
that will be problematic, if the file is still on the system somewhere. As 9.2.6. is crashing immediately during launching no project will be loaded to that time, 9.2.6. will not open.
So I reverted back to 9.2.? at once.
Where I can find the crash report?
horst

Return to “Tracktion”