Softsynths with "modern" sound ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. :)
I love the sound of old analogs and VSTis that emulate them.
But sometimes i hear nice sounds in modern music, sounds that are impossible to do with the old analogs.

So what do top electronic (i don't know the subgenres... EDM ?) music producers use in 2018 ?
Massive still relevant, or replaced with something "better" ?
Serum ?
What else ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Dune 2 and Nemesis - you can't get that from 'analog'.

SynthMaster One has a bright, edgy, modern sound to it and is quite affordable
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Discovery Pro will do the job.

Thx for your replies. :)
I will search Youtube for some demos.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Lolz. None of those are very relevant for "EDM music producers" (well, Synthmaster maybe). Sylenth1, Massive, Nexus, Serum or Spire rather fit the bill.

http://equipboard.com/c/instrument-plugins

I'm into EDM/electropop and looking for ultra modern sound. My favorites are : Avenger, Rapid, Thorn.

Imho, Massive, Sylenth1 and co are outdated as soon as you hear Avenger.
Last edited by DJErmac on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Spire and Viper!

Viper comes from Poland, btw :)

izonin wrote:Spire and Viper!

Viper comes from Poland, btw :)
Not quite. Hungary. :)

Thorn by Dmitry Sches... especially with the glitch sequencer enabled.

Harmor. Provided that you learn and understand its additive engine and capabilities, it can turn out very "modern" and unique. It could also be used as a standard subtractive synth (and that's what it looks like), but at that point money are probably better spent elsewhere.

No offense meant, but, i think you guys should read the OP more precisely.
Mutant wrote: So what do top electronic (i don't know the subgenres... EDM ?) music producers use in 2018 ?
What do top electronic music producers use? I think the site i linked to above gives a pretty good impression about that, because it sites sources from social media, where the respective artists posted themselves that they use plugin XY.

chk071 wrote:No offense meant, but, i think you guys should read the OP more precisely.
No offense taken, and you're very much right. Sorry :oops:

No worries. :tu:

Niowiad wrote:Harmor. Provided that you learn and understand its additive engine and capabilities, it can turn out very "modern" and unique. It could also be used as a standard subtractive synth (and that's what it looks like), but at that point money are probably better spent elsewhere.
It could be useful to mentionthat SeamlessR has a lot of tutorial videos out there on Harmor. Here's a piece he did, one of many. The singer Veela is also featured in a Harmor soundset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUouZoy8Ud4

Return to “Instruments”