Softsynths with "modern" sound ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Output, Avenger, Nexus.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Go to the forum index. Click on “instruments.” Look at what people are talking about. Try the demos of those instruments.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

chk071 wrote:
izonin wrote:Spire and Viper!

Viper comes from Poland, btw :)
Not quite. Hungary. :)
Haha, always thought that Adam was Polish. :D

OK then, Russia and Hungary FTW!

chk071 wrote:Sylenth1, Massive, Nexus, Serum or Spire rather fit the bill.

http://equipboard.com/c/instrument-plugins
Just wanted to write that, spot on! :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Avenger
Serum
ArcSyn
Electra2
Nemesis
Spire
Omnisphere
Alchemy
ANA 2
Strobe 2
Massive
Nexus 2 (rompler but it totally does the job)
Dune 2
PPG Infinite Pro
Reaktor
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

izonin wrote:
chk071 wrote:

The latest e-mails form Reveal Sound say that they are located in Prague and some older ones indicated London as mailing adress. While I'm 100% certain that at least some of their staff are of Russian descent, I'm not sure they are a Russian company.
DJErmac wrote: Imho, Massive, Sylenth1 and co are outdated as soon as you hear Avenger.
Not sure what "outdated" means but I still much prefer the sound of Sylenth and Massive to Avenger.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

The list of synths to check grows... :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I would say that any of the common soft synths can sound modern. In the end of the day it comes down to sound design skills.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Mutant wrote:The list of synths to check grows... :)
Not really, it's really mostly about Serum, Massive, Sylenth, Spire and Nexus, everything else is just personal preference of some folks around here, but actual top artists use that stuff mainly and you can really just end you quest there, that's the sound of modern EDM.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I think Avenger factory presets actually give a good impression of what is "modern" sound-design, but IMO most of these sounds can be made by other synths, like Spire, Serum, Sylenth, Viper, Massive etc, with more interesting sound character.

Probably Avenger still could be a good one-stop solution for modern EDM-ish sounds
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I think Avenger factory presets actually give a good impression of what is "modern" sound-design, but IMO most of these sounds can be made by other synths, like Spire, Serum, Sylenth, Viper, Massive etc, with more interesting sound character.

Probably Avenger still could be a good one-stop solution for modern EDM-ish sounds
Totally, but is it still CPU hog these days?

I recently listened to the Prometheus sound bank for Repro-1. Repro-1 is a mono synth that emulate vintage synths, but the sound bank contain quite a few modern sounds suitable for EDM. I mainly work with uplifting trance and I was blown away with the Prometheus sound bank.

I agree that Avenger is a really good choice for different types of EDM. Sound banks from Vengeance are unfortunately quite costly but they are good.

Viper is another good EDM synth that emulate Virus. It also exist as 64-bit now
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

recursive one wrote:
izonin wrote:
chk071 wrote:

The latest e-mails form Reveal Sound say that they are located in Prague and some older ones indicated London as mailing adress. While I'm 100% certain that at least some of their staff are of Russian descent, I'm not sure they are a Russian company.
They are Russian 100%. Just look up "reveal-sound.com" on who.is

recursive one wrote:
DJErmac wrote: Imho, Massive, Sylenth1 and co are outdated as soon as you hear Avenger.
Not sure what "outdated" means but I still much prefer the sound of Sylenth and Massive to Avenger.
I mean that you need extra processing and/or layering to get the same sound as nowadays radio/commercial EDM sounds. With Avenger you get it straight away (yeah, what has been said is true, you can get it with other synths, but it needs extra work and sometimes it can't be made inside the synth, in Avenger it CAN). I don't know if they're all using Avenger or not, but if you use Avenger, you get their sound instantly.

No depreciative meaning intended : everybody is free to prefer the sound of every synth in the world (I loooooove Icarus but wouldn't recommend it for modern EDM). But if you're trying to clone nowadays mainstream EDM, Avenger is the way to go.

I know that some EDM producers you see on Youtube in tutorials still use Serum and Sylenth1 though, but they're not the ones you hear on the radio all around the world, most of the time they use cracked licences anyway, they represent strictly nothing.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Some people talking out of their asses, but that is quite normal, considering.

Return to “Instruments”