PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Chambers

Waves has just released a new AR Plugin:

https://www.waves.com/plugins/abbey-road-chambers

Please keep V10 & WUP discussions to the respective threads :wink:

... and right away on sale for $29 :tu:

Etienne1973 wrote:... and right away on sale for $29 :tu:
Would have been disappointed if not.
I also really dig the irony of Mirek Stiles advertising a digital reverb while talking about that effect, that you can't get with a digital reverb :hihi:
Even though the room settings seem to be IR based, I like the idea of the integrated tape delay feedback.

Has anyone ever upgraded to the bundle? I know that if you buy the bundle it's individual plugins in your account. I want to make sure that my WUP will be upgraded AND I will get the new plugin before I spend the few extra bucks for the upgrade.

ghettosynth wrote:Has anyone ever upgraded to the bundle? I know that if you buy the bundle it's individual plugins in your account. I want to make sure that my WUP will be upgraded AND I will get the new plugin before I spend the few extra bucks for the upgrade.
I upgraded last summer but it didn't upgrade my Abbey Road plugins to bundle, just added the two missing ones. There's no logic, they just want your money. I even own all the plugins in Tapes, Tubes & Transistors bundle but if I want to bundle them (why would I???), I should pay them more. Upgrading to Abbey Road Collcetion would cost me more than the new Abbey Road plugin. Ridiculous.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Perhaps there will be a special price for existing AR bundle owners. I remember as an existing Waves CLA bundle owner getting CLA MixDown for $14.

I dont mind bargains, but that insane "always on sale" mode devalues the brand. Why not to make a regular price 29 and thats it. It doesnt make customer to go wild on the idea of missing out.

J4R1O wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Has anyone ever upgraded to the bundle? I know that if you buy the bundle it's individual plugins in your account. I want to make sure that my WUP will be upgraded AND I will get the new plugin before I spend the few extra bucks for the upgrade.
I upgraded last summer but it didn't upgrade my Abbey Road plugins to bundle, just added the two missing ones. There's no logic, they just want your money. I even own all the plugins in Tapes, Tubes & Transistors bundle but if I want to bundle them (why would I???), I should pay them more. Upgrading to Abbey Road Collcetion would cost me more than the new Abbey Road plugin. Ridiculous.
Sure, that's what I'd expect. My understanding is that AR is always individual plugins. Did it also upgrade your WUP?

ghettosynth wrote:Sure, that's what I'd expect. My understanding is that AR is always individual plugins. Did it also upgrade your WUP?
Yes, it did.

J4R1O wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Sure, that's what I'd expect. My understanding is that AR is always individual plugins. Did it also upgrade your WUP?
Yes, it did.
Tnx! Based on that, I clicked and stuff and woot! It did add the new plugin and upgrade my WUP.

This is a cool plugin. Those old school echo chambers have been absent from the plugin world as far as I know, so kudos to Waves on this one. Now get them into the Capital Records chambers! Based on the use of the word "captured" in the marketing materials, I'm assuming it's convolution for the reverb/microphones with some modeling sprinkled in for the EQ's and other items.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:This is a cool plugin. Those old school echo chambers have been absent from the plugin world as far as I know, so kudos to Waves on this one. Now get them into the Capital Records chambers! Based on the use of the word "captured" in the marketing materials, I'm assuming it's convolution for the reverb/microphones with some modeling sprinkled in for the EQ's and other items.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what(all) it is. But, that U/I adds to the experience and for $20(ish) it's pretty much a no-brainer if you have any interest in flexible IR modeling of the Abbey Road chambers.

One hell of a power-hungry plugin...

Still wondering...

"The Abbey Road Collection upgrade will add any current Abbey Road plugins missing in your account. This upgrade is only available to Waves Abbey Road plugin owners."

So you simply cannot upgrade to the actual Abbey Road Collection to bundle them all, instead you can only "upgrade" the latest AR plugin to your account... and next time new AR plugin is out you have to "upgrade" again. Why they even bother to call it an "upgrade"?

In my case that "upgrade" to get the Abbey Road Chambers sucks since it's more expensive to upgrade than purchase the actual plugin (in this case $34 vs $29). What do I get for paying that $5 more? A JPEG of the ARC package??

And still wondering... Is it possible to sell AR plugins separately or do you have to sell them all at once? Does the Abbey Road Collection even exist??

Yeah, I know it's Waves and the laws of logic doesn't exist in their universe of eternal WUPs and upgrades...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:This is a cool plugin. Those old school echo chambers have been absent from the plugin world as far as I know, so kudos to Waves on this one. Now get them into the Capital Records chambers! Based on the use of the word "captured" in the marketing materials, I'm assuming it's convolution for the reverb/microphones with some modeling sprinkled in for the EQ's and other items.
Yes, and not only the LA Capitol Records famous echo chamber, but the Columbia’s NY East 52nd Street studio building
building elevator shaft, and the Columbia University chapel (where the Boxer echoes, chorus and solo, were recorded). :phones:

https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/takes_fr ... _the_boxer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Studios

Return to “Effects”