RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh yeah baby.

http://www.smartelectronix.com/competit ... ed=compRes

please comment right here.

- bram

woo-hoo, i win!
i crap my pants!
i'm really surprised and honored, and i hope no one gets mad and says "that metro-sex song is teh LAMENESS, it should not have won ever in a million years, i hate that dumb joseph!"

if anyone wants to maybe hear a few more lame songs you could check out http://ivdt.net/mp3037.html

-joseph

The "i" links don't work... :?

Forever,

Kim.

Jeez wrote:The "i" links don't work... :?
:oops:

now they do :)

- bram

Any chance of making the ogg files available in MP3 format? most of the ogg files play fine, but the "disqualified" one won't play for me. :(

Forever,

Kim.

:-o :-o :-o
I can't believe , i win!!!
4th, not bad..
The problem will be to explain my working method, as english is not my native language.... :D
excellent!!
Thanks a lot Bram and everybody at smart electronix...!!
black macbook+LIVE 7

Word, I'm third. :) That's a big compliment. Good to know that you appreciate my track though it's not the experimental, glitchy type of music (like many of the other entries indeed are).

peace
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

I think annihilist : catacthonic should have won something.. that song kicks major butt. :o

I demand a recount!!!!! :x

:P

congrats to the winners though! :)

VitaminD wrote:I think annihilist : catacthonic should have won something.. that song kicks major butt. :o

I demand a recount!!!!! :x

:P
:oops: Kind of you to say, but I think everyone did good tracks - some of my faves didn't get past round one (including your own track, which I really liked, and even old electronic veterans like Andrew Lagowski (of Lustmord, Legion etc), which was a surprise).

Congrats to the winners, and thanks to Smex for the excellent gadgets!

Congrats to the Winners!! :)

I downloaded all tracks and have to say i'm purely amazed!!! :shock:
There are some ppl out there who should get a record-deal asap.. ;)(including us ;) j/k)

Thanks to all smex-ppl for the great work they do for us and of course for this cool competition!! I can't wait for the new one (and hope we'll make it then ;))!

p.s.: my fav still is Cosmotronic Introduction by mpg~ ;)
Last edited by R.A.W. on Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ooooooow! I was SO close! :cry: But, I made it on the 'Honour Roll' atleast. ;)

CONGRATS to Joesph, Psynus, and Javier :hail: I'm just going to listen to your tracks now to learn where I went wrong. ;)

And kudos to SmEx and Bram for having such a fun contest to enter, and to Bram for taking the rose out of his mouth and stop the flamenco music to announce the winners... FINALLY! :lol:

Don't mess up the 1st Place spot Joeseph, I'm going to be standing there NEXT YEAR! :hihi:

Congratulations to all the winners! Good for you!

:P Woot! I get the unique honour of being the only entrant to have his track disqualified. :D

Oh well, kind of expected it anyways. I did cheat, after all. 8) For those who care, the voice samples were taken from a BBC radio interview with Bram, that took place earlier this year.

Jeez: I can send you an MP3, if you desperately want to listen to that track. You're not missing much, though. :)

-K

PS: Bring on the next comp!!! :box:
http://www.plogue.com/bidule/
~ Plogue Bidule User ~

wow! 2nd place!
thanks a lot, and continue doing all this great stuff, you smex ppl.

i'm just listening to the winner, and it's a very good work. congratulations!

:o just a thing.
is proem that "proem"? (socially inept, songs for the city bus...)
i admire you so much...and listen a lot to some of your cd. i don't know if i deserve being 2nd, knowing that people like you entered the competition. lots of respect. i'm just downloading your song. i just can't wait!

:D Congrats to the winners!

And commiserations to the non-winners ( :wink: )

I for one had a really tough time doing the judging - the quality overall was high, so I could generally find some aspect I liked in every track - e.g. a touch of sound design here, some beats there or a melody etc.

I spent ages poring over the tracks - thank god for media player's rating stars :wink:

I'm looking forward to the next compo already! Good luck folks and thanks again for the listening pleasure ! Plenty of the tracks have found permanent places on my HD :D

cheers,
dunk

Return to “Smart Electronix”