KVR member releases - GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

please use this thread to comment on / review / discuss any of the music officially released by KVR members (see this thread for more details) ...

slainte :phones: rob

So given that this is the gossip thread, one point of order:

Re: the new stickied marketplace thread. If a member has CDs to sell, does it preclude them from creating their own thread in the marketplace to sell CDs? I give you the recent Wretch limited edition CD thread as an example. If the new stickied thread takes off, perhaps there would be no need to double advertise. Please clarify.

Cheers,
Steve

personally (and pending POSSIBLE creation of a releases forum) i dont have a problem with a dedicated thread AND a quick post in the sticky ...

... the sticky (IMHO) is to provide a quick reference catalogue of available K-v-R member releases for those that dont want to trawl the forum but if artists want to further publcise their work in its own thread then fair enough ...

... the only decision for everyone else is then which thread to post reviews / comments/ etc in ...

slainte :ud: rob

Druu's EP, Sub-Urban, was reviewed over at SonicRaider.com internet radio. Here are some excerpts:

"From the moment I tore open the package, I knew I had something special. Druu's new release is polished in every facet... It's a beautifully packaged EP featuring seven stellar tracks that are sure to help you break the speed limit... If you like clean, sophisticated nu-school breaks, Druu's programming is gonna knock you out."

"Journey" the third track on Sub-Urban, was reviewed at Besonic.com. According to that review: "Druuly, truely a trip. Accompanied by acid elements this is quite a ride into deep space. So put on your helmets, check your engine and wobble your way into it."

For more on Druu, check out www.druu.net or www.myspace.com/druu.
Last edited by Druu on Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

druu ...

... i know its not actually a sig but that signoff image breaks all our forum rules ...

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44705

... if you remove or amend it ill overlook the borderline spamming ...

slainte :wink: rob

Oops, sorry Bro! That's what I get for not reading all the rules... Graphic deleted.

Cheers!

Druu

thanks

slainte :D rob

damn what did i miss
i love controversy :hihi:

eh reviews ok my cds fuckin excellent by it :D

Ooooh thanks. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

:D

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Oooh - I have an idea (miracles do happen).

What we should do is archive off every year and reference it in the main thread.

For example, we have a thread now that can be 2004 releases (yeah I know some are probably from before that time).

When the year finishes, this thread is made non-sticky and a new thread is created for 2005 releases (or announcements) with a reference to the 2004 archive in the first post.

And then in 2006 we'll have a thread with references to the 2004 and 2005 archived posts.

It might make everything neater.
Does anyone like this idea?

Caleb

I like that idea, but it would probably need it's own forum. Also, I think this thread should be in marketplace only, lest we one day have the first page of music cafe contain only stickies.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

freeztar wrote:I like that idea, but it would probably need it's own forum. Also, I think this thread should be in marketplace only, lest we one day have the first page of music cafe contain only stickies.
just what I was thinking..or the gossip could go in 'everything else'

freeztar wrote:I like that idea, but it would probably need it's own forum.
But that's why I thought it would be a good idea - so it wouldn't need its own forum.

It still ends up being all accessible via one thread then see what I mean? The first post will have links to the other threads so it doesn't matter if the posts themselves get buried in all the other MarketPlace excitement.

So you end up with one sticky thread at any given time in the MarketPlace forum. It accesses all CD release announcements.

Of course, it's also a nice idea to have a separate forum too. Then all the gossip and stuff about the CDs can sit there as well I guess.

Caleb

freeztar wrote: lest we one day have the first page of music cafe contain only stickies.
:!:

REVIEWS / COMMENTS

Na-Koja-Abad - Organika Obscura

“... well balanced across the spectrum ... found myself pulled into ... good sense of the tribal/ambient genre ... atmospheres and soundworlds weave together nicely ... mostly "mysterious" without getting too threatening or too "nice" ...”

– Byron Metcalf, percussionist, Ph.D. Transpersonal Psychology

“... creepy and mysterious ... the physical-model sounds are among my favorite ... an evolving feel that makes it human ...”

– Shane Sanders, ambient musician

“... extremely evocative ...”

– Rabbit Hole Radio Theatre

“ … starts with rather mysterious environmental soundworlds before tribal percussion enters stage. On the following 8 tracks the combination of repetitive tribal percussion and wandering atmospheric textures stays on the foreground, occasionally accompanied by some didgeridoo. In all, these 9 tracks/68 minutes create a quite trance-inducing, up and down spiralling ambience, which fans of Steve Roach or Byron Metcalf might like to check out sometime.”

– Bert Strolenberg, E-Dition Magazine

“... wells up from the core of his creative imagination full of the raw materials required for musical creation and it is inherent with contemplative and subtle percussive, tribal electronic emanations ...”

– May and Shane Beck, The Djinnsphere
Last edited by cloudspine on Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”