SFI impulse file

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys - I dnloaded an impulse file that is an SFI file. I can't load it into my SIR VST unless it's a wav file. Anyone know anything about this? I extracted the files but they are all in SFI format. Thanks
Paresh

That would be the file suffix for Sonic Foudry/Sony Acoustic Mirror impulses. they can only be opened in Acoustic Mirror, a convolution reverb plug that is bundled with Sonud Forge. I have a memory of people re-saving .sfi as .wav and being able to use them in other convolution programs, such as SIR.

SFI stands for Sonic Foundry Impulse and its encoded format. Im not sure if you can resave it as wav because the reason of having them encoding is protecting impulses to be used in other programs.
So do AudioEase, Waves. Still no idea why TLL don't do that :)

You can convert the SFI file to WAV to be used in SIR, but you need Acoustic Mirror to do it. Just load a wave file with a short spike and process it with the sfi file inside Acoustic Mirror, the resulting WAV will be an impulse file you can use in SIR.

For more details, trying searching the noisevault.com forum.

DELETED

KLG wrote:You can convert the SFI file to WAV to be used in SIR, but you need Acoustic Mirror to do it. Just load a wave file with a short spike and process it with the sfi file inside Acoustic Mirror, the resulting WAV will be an impulse file you can use in SIR.

For more details, trying searching the noisevault.com forum.
When i said someting like that in some mailing list, one guy (from US) from that forum called to FBI and said im usde cracked software and hacking software.
So beware :D

Aktion wrote:SFI stands for Sonic Foundry Impulse and its encoded format. Im not sure if you can resave it as wav because the reason of having them encoding is protecting impulses to be used in other programs.
So do AudioEase, Waves. Still no idea why TLL don't do that :)
I see what you mean. Please don't take what I say about this too seriously, because I was going on memory and it's very possible that the article about impulses I was reading that time a year or more ago was referring to Altiverb or another, maybe Waves, for the renaming trick. But it definately is worth a shot, as is KLG's suggestion. Even though one does have AM, it would be nice to share the impulses with the other programs. Really, I don't see it as any different than sharing your Akai libraies or sf2's among all your samplers that load them.

Return to “Effects”