Convo Boy - Current release is V1.03k/V5.02.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Space Boy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:59 am, edited 9 times in total.

what exactly is typical VST performance, is that just the amount of cpu it takes up? why is the licensed version less?

jtxx000 wrote:what exactly is typical VST performance, is that just the amount of cpu it takes up? why is the licensed version less?
'Typical VST performance' is what the 'VST Performance' meter displays in Cubase.

The commercial version is lower because (see the *) it allows for a variable latency setting. The Latency setting directly relates to the size of the FFT buffer and for a fixed length of IR, a larger buffer requires less FFTs per second. The reduction in CPU effort required to do less FFTs per second is greater than the additional CPU effort required to make an FFT on a larger buffer - so CPU is lower with larger latency. However, when delay compensation is switched on in your host, the latency is irrelevant and so you benefit from the lower CPU.

Please excuse the technical outburst - but you asked :wink:

How do registered users get the update?
www.bcproject.com
Life is like an Analogy

BC wrote:How do registered users get the update?
If you bought a license you should have received an update email by now.

If you didn't receive it, just email me with your order number and I'll forward the details.

Just an FYI - I'm still not getting notifications on new versions.
www.bcproject.com
Life is like an Analogy

What version do you have?

I anyway just sent you a link to download V2.02 to the email address you supplied now.

Please confirm that you got the mail and were able to download the update.

Paul

Thanks SpaceBoy - I got it!
www.bcproject.com
Life is like an Analogy

I am using V 2.02 in energyXT (1.30). It is stable, but at 32 bit 96 kHz I am getting truncated reverb tails when compared to SIR, even when the IR length is within the limit set by the latency.

If I raise the latency to max, the sound is chopped up! (PC is AMD XP3200+ with 1gig DDR400 ram in dual channel mode, 2x 7200rpm hd)

The eq panning and other features are great though!

Cheers,

s.

Sturgeon wrote:I am using V 2.02 in energyXT (1.30). It is stable, but at 32 bit 96 kHz I am getting truncated reverb tails when compared to SIR, even when the IR length is within the limit set by the latency.

If I raise the latency to max, the sound is chopped up! (PC is AMD XP3200+ with 1gig DDR400 ram in dual channel mode, 2x 7200rpm hd)

The eq panning and other features are great though!

Cheers,

s.
Is it possible for you to email me an IR that causes these problems? I would like to try it here.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Have just sent you an IR (to enquiries)

s.

sorry if this has already been discussed, but on the convoy boy webpage it says that the latest version in 5.02. Though my version says 2.04. did i miss several updates?

thanks!
ITM: Inappropriate. Touching. Music.
electronic/hip hop
http://jazzyspoon.com/MELODAY.htm
http://www.myspace.com/mldy

Meloday wrote:sorry if this has already been discussed, but on the convoy boy webpage it says that the latest version in 5.02. Though my version says 2.04. did i miss several updates?

thanks!
Seems that not all users have been receiving all updates. Send me an email and I'll send you the update.

Return to “Elevayta”