What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

BLUE - Note on timing "wrong".

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

--= Ju =--
KVRist

88 posts since 15 Jul, 2005, from UK

Postby --= Ju =--; Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:42 am BLUE - Note on timing "wrong".

Hi,
I'm loving the new synth (1.0.2 demo at the moment :cry: ) but the timing of the start of played notes appear to have a random delay applied to them. This is accentuated the higher I set my soundcard's latency to. From my limited exposure to VST programming I would guess this is due to not utilising the delta value of noteon events - but what do I know? :oops:. I have verified this in both SX3.1 and the latest energyXT beta.
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"
Rob Papen
KVRAF

1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:37 am

--= Ju =-- wrote:Hi,
I'm loving the new synth (1.0.2 demo at the moment :cry: ) but the timing of the start of played notes appear to have a random delay applied to them. This is accentuated the higher I set my soundcard's latency to. From my limited exposure to VST programming I would guess this is due to not utilising the delta value of noteon events - but what do I know? :oops:. I have verified this in both SX3.1 and the latest energyXT beta.

In Global you can set the "latency".
Maybe it is set to "slow" ?

If you use fast latency settings use "Fast".

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanx,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
--= Ju =--
KVRist

88 posts since 15 Jul, 2005, from UK

Postby --= Ju =--; Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:54 am

That sorted it! Due to some other issues (not with Blue) I had maxed the latency on my soundcard to "2048" - switching the global latency setting from "fast" to "slow" cured the problem. Many thanks.
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen