Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

BLUE - Note on timing "wrong".

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

--= Ju =--
KVRist

90 posts since 15 Jul, 2005, from UK

Postby --= Ju =--; Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:42 am BLUE - Note on timing "wrong".

Hi,
I'm loving the new synth (1.0.2 demo at the moment :cry: ) but the timing of the start of played notes appear to have a random delay applied to them. This is accentuated the higher I set my soundcard's latency to. From my limited exposure to VST programming I would guess this is due to not utilising the delta value of noteon events - but what do I know? :oops:. I have verified this in both SX3.1 and the latest energyXT beta.
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"
Rob Papen
KVRAF

1928 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:37 am

--= Ju =-- wrote:Hi,
I'm loving the new synth (1.0.2 demo at the moment :cry: ) but the timing of the start of played notes appear to have a random delay applied to them. This is accentuated the higher I set my soundcard's latency to. From my limited exposure to VST programming I would guess this is due to not utilising the delta value of noteon events - but what do I know? :oops:. I have verified this in both SX3.1 and the latest energyXT beta.

In Global you can set the "latency".
Maybe it is set to "slow" ?

If you use fast latency settings use "Fast".

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanx,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
--= Ju =--
KVRist

90 posts since 15 Jul, 2005, from UK

Postby --= Ju =--; Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:54 am

That sorted it! Due to some other issues (not with Blue) I had maxed the latency on my soundcard to "2048" - switching the global latency setting from "fast" to "slow" cured the problem. Many thanks.
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen