Introducing... (sp1200 emulation)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Acquit music's (brilliant) Yannick Spycher, as well as J. Starner bring you...

The first emulation at the sp1200!

It has...

-effect section (filter HP LP Boost / Delay / Reverb)
-overall pitch select.
-pan for each channel
-8 channels (sounds per preset)
-mute buttons for each channel
-909, 808, acoustic etc... presets.

Note that tis' freeware. It will begin with 32 presets. It will expand as we put more kits into it. This beautiful creation has been only a week in the making, and still needs work. In a few more weeks folks, you can have it. :-D
Last edited by No name on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Look's ace! :)

How acurately does it attempt to emulate the Linn's sound? For example (from Here)
Angus_FX wrote:...the SP1200 doesn't interpolate...(it has) independent variable-frequency DACs. The pitch of the digital noise and crunch rises proportionately with the pitch of the drum, rather than the alias character changing with pitch as you'd find in a bitcrusher. Nobody's emulated that in software yet AFAIK.
Have you tried to emulate that behaviour in any way?

we will see... also we have to be careful with saying that it is an emulation.. its more "based on..." ;)

Agreed, this one here is modernized. :-D
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Fair enough! :)

The effect Angus talked about does sound interesting though, doesn't it...

dx-9 wrote:we will see... also we have to be careful with saying that it is an emulation.. its more "based on..." ;)
..sample "based on.." ? Or does it do real synthesis?

DSP

:wink: sample based, yes.
should include some beatbox sets and and and..

does this include a bitcrusher...? In order to sound like the SP1200.. it would need the 12-bit grit.
www.warbeats.com the hottest free video tutorials!!!!

eek, this is gonna mkae all the hiphop kidz wet themslefs...it looks ace tho' !! :D

[quote="snooky"]eek, this is gonna mkae all the hiphop kidz wet themslefs...it looks ace tho' !! :D[/quote]

oh yes.... if this sounds good.. I will wet myself. I have been waiting for a VST like this.
www.warbeats.com the hottest free video tutorials!!!!

great news, I'm looking forward to it! Will it feature some kind of step sequencer also to program beats? piano roll is so boring, and unintuitive...

Does it have exclusive groups for hats?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

You will get possibility to make it sound like 12bit.

Stepseq. will be included in a further version if there are lots of people needing it...
(after all your host IS a seq.) :D

That looks very, very, very nice!

Make sure you get the bitcrusher sounding good, as this is the most important thing about the original unit (for many producers).

GUI is nice, too! When I looked at it, I immediately thought "you know that from somewhere", even before I read the "SD2100" on the foto. Carry on!

thx @ declassified

Return to “Instruments”