Glitswitch v1 (req by Gargoyle)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just thought id make a new topic for this little modular setup.

its just a simple fx triggering switch really, and i guess many of u already knew/done this yerself. but this is as said for Gargoyle and others who might be interested and new to eXT's/modular possibillities.

there are 2 "thrown" together versions in here, one massive and one light.
the midi part is used for trigger the efx by using a note for each trigger. from C1 and up-

the efx plugins used are (free):
dfx buffer override, mda ringmod, ephonic lofi, tweakbench cairo, klanglabs backman, KTGranulator, Classic flanger & autofilter, audio damage fuzzplus 2, ConcreteFX pshift.

i also used soma's new audio switcher.

the fun thing about this setup is that u can add/replace the efx with yer own tho.

there are _many_ variations for doing this, but here is one of them, anyways.. have fun.

Glitswitch v1 (click the image):

:hail: Thank you! :D

Just for background for everyone else - see the topic here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1494306
- read backwards and you'll see how it came about ;)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

I was hoping someone would do a good example of what that audio switcher was for! Thanks! :)

OT @ Steffenson: Jobbar du med musik i Stokholm? (Jag vill flyta dit kanske end dag, om jag kan jobbar nonting med musik.)

I made something similar some months ago, look at my sig. yours have more outputs!

Would adding a velocity to volume parameter to the audio switcher be useful?
Also I thought about using two of your setups in a row... so you get combination effects with two notes.

looks nice! will check the audio switcher.. it reminds me of something i made a while ago called the transient switcher: http://www.redshiftmedia.com/vsts/ that one might be useful for ext ppl also.
Last edited by cbit on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silicon/silicium: ure switcher tool is useful as well. :)

soma: i dont make my living on music, but i spend all days in that category. :D i/we would be glad to have u here man, ure most welcome!

adding a velocity to volume parameter would be most usefull, then i could do it all in one. :) is it also possible to add x-fade between the different outputs? (like in the switcherpack.)
thats one feature i really miss, tho the switcherpack are really really nice, i would like more outputs than 4. (even tho i could use several instances wich some minor enhancements here n there.)

glad u could get any use of my patch, there are as said tons of different ways to do this, and just as many ways to edit this patch to yer own needs.
thats Modular! :D

cbit, as said, the switcherpack are really really good! most inovative. i use them all the time. the transientswitcher is one of my favourites. :D

@ Steffenson
Crossfading might be possible but it would be a total rewrite. It's not possible in the way I do it now but it would be nice.

soma, ah i see. i would be even more happy if it was possible to write a external x-fade plugin tho. i dont mind adding it myself to the chain. :)

looking forward to the audio switcher velocity update!

I have teh velocity update done. I only have one question. Should vel to volume apply when using CC's to switch also?
Please descibe this crossfader plugin you want.

whoo.. that was fast. :)
that would really be useful if its possible to do. just how is that gonna work btw?
im thinking it would be cool if u could have velocity on the CC's, so the harder the impact is, the faster it switches, and the softer the impact is, the more it fades when triggering. but u may have different plans for it? :)

the crossfader plugin: well.. dunno if its even possible, havent really thought it thru tbh. and as i am.. i dunno how it would be possible actually, or how it would look like either. :|

BUT, i have another suggestiong of creating kinda a similar result. the plugin could work as some sort of CC smoother. so, if i for example used CC to control the EFX's mixing knob on/off, by using a note2cc plugin perhaps, this cc_smoother plugin would end up between the note2cc and efx. and control how fast the triggering goes. so when i send control rate 100%, the cc_smoother somehow smooths it out and fades between 0-100% as fast i want. by using a dedicated knob or slider for this purpose.
(sorry for a blurry explenation, been a long day. :) )

now, im no programmer, but this should be doable, no?

imagine the morphing u could do with this. whoa.. :D

where can i find soma's audioswitcher?

Return to “energyXT”