Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Guitarjeff
KVRian

747 posts since 5 Sep, 2002, from Redondo Beach

Postby Guitarjeff; Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:10 pm A Politically Incorect Disco Christmas

As promised in the "Christian Right" thread in HPC.

A NON P.C. Disco Christmas

My Christmas song for the year. It's inspired by the Beardedone who last year said that a Disco Christmas song would be his worst nightmare! :-o Thanks Gordon! :wink:

It's a parody version of "Boogie Oogie Oogie" and The lyrics are obviously taking a shot at the lefties who want to eliminate Christmas from our society! Good luck! :hihi:

Enjoy!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Jeff
VicDiesel
KVRAF

2808 posts since 2 Mar, 2003, from The only civilized county in Texas

Postby VicDiesel; Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:16 pm

Guitarjeff wrote:It's inspired by the Beardedone who last year said that a Disco Christmas song would be his worst nightmare!

I guess he's not old enough to remember this:

(Neither am I.)

Excellent parody/cover, btw! Sounds just like the original. Eh, so I've been told. The "merry gentlemen" break was a nice touch.

Victor.
Guitarjeff
KVRian

Postby Guitarjeff; Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:22 pm

I'm just hoping she's not wearing anything under that Santa outfit!! :love:

Thanks for listening Vic! I'm told it sounds similar too. (of course I wouldn't know personally....)

Jeff
VicDiesel
KVRAF

Postby VicDiesel; Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:27 pm

Guitarjeff wrote:I'm just hoping she's not wearing anything under that Santa outfit!! :love:

If there is something, it's riding pretty high.

Don't ask me why I even know the woman's name.

All hearsay, I tell you! What, me like disco? Preposterous!

Victor.
sic
KVRist

214 posts since 15 Oct, 2002, from Goettingen, Planet Earth

Postby sic; Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:35 am

Great! That reminds me of the old times with Doobie Brothers and all those bands :)

- Ulli -
Sunburn In Cyprus - Downtempo/Lounge/Pop/Electronic/Dub
Sunburn In Cyprus music site
Vegetarian
KVRist

441 posts since 8 Aug, 2003, from Bris, Aus

Postby Vegetarian; Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:44 am

Smooth stuff 8) production is great, maybe the wah guitar at the start could have done with a light chorus or something imo, but it's fantastic in any case. Reminds me a bit of Robin Trower. :)
-Veg
(:
duncanparsons
KVRAF

8372 posts since 11 Apr, 2003, from now on the flat

Postby duncanparsons; Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:46 am

Nice toon Jeff!

DSP
funkychickendance
KVRAF

2321 posts since 19 Aug, 2005, from Where Sheep May Safely Graze & They're Using A Chicken 2 Measure It

Postby funkychickendance; Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:02 am

Guitarjeff wrote:It's a parody version of "Boogie Oogie Oogie" and The lyrics are obviously taking a shot at the lefties who want to eliminate Christmas from our society! Good luck! :hihi:

Enjoy!

Jeff

Quite brilliant, and extremely well produced...loved the 'guitar choir' break... :love:

It reminds me that the next person who says "happy holidays" to me, earns a kick in the kneecap... :lol:

/fcd
'older than dirt, not quite as clean'
Guitarjeff
KVRian

Postby Guitarjeff; Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:27 am

sic wrote:Great! That reminds me of the old times with Doobie Brothers and all those bands :)

- Ulli -

Thanks Ulli! I love the old Doobie Bros. stuff!

vegetarian wrote:Smooth stuff production is great, maybe the wah guitar at the start could have done with a light chorus or something imo, but it's fantastic in any case. Reminds me a bit of Robin Trower.

Trower would've used a Phasor instead of a chorus! ;-)

Thanks man! I had fun with this one.

Trower is an absolute favorite of mine I go see him everytime he comes around. The man is a master of the Strat!! Beautiful tones all coming from his hands.

duncanparsons wrote:Nice toon Jeff!

Thank you sir!! :-)

funkychickendance wrote:Quite brilliant, and extremely well produced...loved the 'guitar choir' break...

It reminds me that the next person who says "happy holidays" to me, earns a kick in the kneecap...

Thanks FCD!! It was a fun song to record. I had trouble finding the right way to come back out of that part. Finally, changing the Christmas theme to "Joy To The World" with the word "Joy" as the bridge worked for me.

Kick them in the other knee for me too while you're at it!!

Merry Christmas all!!

Jeff
respirator
KVRAF

1951 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Denmark

Postby respirator; Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:18 pm

Oh no.
respirator
KVRAF

1951 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Denmark

Postby respirator; Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:19 pm

Oh no. I mean. Oh no. This is incredible. How did you do this? It sounds.... Oh no!

And merry christmas!
Beardedone
KVRAF

5240 posts since 12 Jun, 2002, from Montreal

Postby Beardedone; Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:35 pm

As promised in the "Christian Right" thread in HPC.

A NON P.C. Disco Christmas

My Christmas song for the year. It's inspired by the Beardedone who last year said that a Disco Christmas song would be his worst nightmare! Thanks Gordon!

It's a parody version of "Boogie Oogie Oogie" and The lyrics are obviously taking a shot at the lefties who want to eliminate Christmas from our society! Good luck!

Enjoy!

Jeff

I was kinda :scared: . But after listening I find like this ! :hihi: . It's more funky than disco!

Props Jeff!

Merry Xmas!
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR

4404 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from the grimness of yorkshire

Postby donkey tugger; Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:41 pm

Cheese on a f**king stick tory boy! :-o Nice chic stylee geetar there. Still, not offensive enough, you'll never beat silent shite :hihi:
Guitarjeff
KVRian

Postby Guitarjeff; Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:59 pm

respirator wrote:Oh no. I mean. Oh no. This is incredible. How did you do this? It sounds.... Oh no!

And merry christmas!

Thanks! (I think) :)

Merry Christmas To you too!! :D

Beardedone wrote:I was kinda . But after listening I find like this ! . It's more funky than disco!

Props Jeff!

Merry Xmas!

Thanks Gordon! You know,after playing in a "Disco" cover band I realized that a lot of songs considered to be Disco (at least here in the U.S.) are more funky type stuff like this. Bands like EWF, Kool And The Gang, Etc. A lot of this stuff has Jazz roots. Lot's of MAJ 7, Min 7, 9th and 11th chords.

Happy Hanukkuh Gordon!!

donkey tugger wrote:Cheese on a f**king stick tory boy! Nice chic stylee geetar there. Still, not offensive enough, you'll never beat silent shite

It would be hard to beat that for sheer offensiveness! :lol:

Did Nile Rodgers play on B.O.O? I think the lead guit sounds rather like Ernie Isley.

Thanks For listening Donkeeee!! :)

Jeff
VicDiesel
KVRAF

Postby VicDiesel; Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:09 pm

Beardedone wrote: It's more funky than disco!

I grew up hating disco, but these days I'm rediscovering it, and thanks to the internet and not having to get my only exposure to it through the radio, I find that there's a lot of great disco. There is considerably crossover with funk and soul, and that's usually the better stuff.

Unfortunately that was never played on my local radio in the 70s.

Victor.
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe