Gmedia S.O.B

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fair enough - cheers for the update.

Well, there is still hope after all... I'll keep waiting for this one.

Thanks for the update dbone :)

I notice in the latest SonicState podcast (which I really enjoy BTW), Dave said he's been really busy doing necessary things, like "sounds and more sounds".

Gearing up for finishing and finalising S.O.B., perchance..?

beej wrote:I notice in the latest SonicState podcast (which I really enjoy BTW), Dave said he's been really busy doing necessary things, like "sounds and more sounds".

Well considering that hes a programmer for a living and works for some of the top names in the business i think you can hazzard a guess at what the "necessary" part was about young Beej :wink:

Dave Blakely wrote:
beej wrote:I notice in the latest SonicState podcast (which I really enjoy BTW), Dave said he's been really busy doing necessary things, like "sounds and more sounds".

Well considering that hes a programmer for a living and works for some of the top names in the business i think you can hazzard a guess at what the "necessary" part was about young Beej :wink:
getting hammered down the pub?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Dave Blakely wrote:Well considering that hes a programmer for a living and works for some of the top names in the business i think you can hazzard a guess at what the "necessary" part was about young Beej :wink:
Ah well.... worth a punt... :hihi:

spaceman wrote:
Dave Blakely wrote:

getting hammered down the pub?
How very dare you! Drink never touches that mans lips...........it just goes straight down his neck :lol:

Dave Blakely wrote: How very dare you! Drink never touches that mans lips...........it just goes straight down his neck :lol:
Ahhh...fuel injection! :P :P :P

Nah, he just drinks from midget glasses, the lightweight... ;)

More S.O.B talk from Dave on the latest SonicState podcast:
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3841

beej wrote:More S.O.B talk from Dave on the latest SonicState podcast:
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3841
I'm at work and can't listen...what's he say about it?

They were talking about CPU optimisation in software synths (reviewing Massive) and Dave gave some details about the Oberheim emulation needing lots of CPU for a distinctive Obie portamento feature, and how much work it is optimising these things to be practical - stuff like that.

They also said they started stuff they had to shelve because the couldn't bring the CPU requirements down to a decent level...

some news?

Well, some news might be nice, but I think that last post might have been prescient: They started some stuff they had to shelve...

Return to “Instruments”