will there be custom skinning??

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just out of curiousity, will there be a way to make custom skins like there was in muzys??

There already is :)

Have a look at this document:

http://www.mutools.com/skin_sdk.html

By the way: what do you think of this skin:

http://www.mutools.com/muton/muton-a4-screenshot.png
(included in the next package, coming one of these days)

Great, thats just what i wanted to know.
That skin looks nice.. A littple plain right now, but straight forward and not too complicated :)

cant wait to try it out in the mac alpha version :tu:

Just wondering how skinnable Mulab is? The links in this thread are dead.
My main gripe with the GUI is that the title bar in each window is too tall, and makes for some tight situations on a laptop screen. Is it possible to change that?
Also can knob style and waveform display windows etc be changed, or can you only edit the colors?

Is there any resource/site with downloadable themes/skins or examples of what can be done?
Thanks.

You can change all the graphic files to suit your own style. Not sure how flexible that would be. You'd have to be careful not to overwrite on each full update too!
Brief from that it's just paint by numbers ;-)
Hopefully at some point well get more choice, all that grey is a bit dull!
:hihi: :lol:

Thanks freddo! Where are the graphic files stored? I went snooping around some graphics folders but only found background gradients and such, no knobs or title bar/preset picker bar graphics. I was cautious, so might've missed an otherwise obvious folder somewhere :)
Any help?

Would be great to have full theme support like Reaper does. Consider that a FR Mr Mulab! :)
I'm playing around with the free version AGAIN, and loving the workflow. It's a really friendly DAW, and MUX is a powerhouse with a great sound. On my list of "must gets".

Please note that changing the graphic files in the App/Graphics sub-folder is unsupported.

Aah that's a pity. Thanks for the warning. Will graphics themes be supported in the future?

It is already supported, you can change many colors and save them as a preset skin = theme. But assuming you're asking for even more, then i can't answer that FR question atm, except for saying it is no planned for the near future. The next M8 is mostly about musical features.

Thanks for the reply. :tu:
I was referring to actually replacing graphic elements with custom ones...the same way you can skin a REAKTOR ensemble or Reaper, or SynthEdit etc. I actually like the color-scheme and general look of M7, so that won't deter me from using it!

Would be great to have user-contributed themes available to the online community in future. Many of us musos are designers/artists too, and having a customizable GUI is a draw-card to many potential customers. I hope you'll consider this feature for sometime after M8. :)

Perhaps a bit easier to implement in the short term... could you make it possible to reduce the height of the preset selector bar in VST windows? Synths like Massive end up being just too tall for a standard 17 inch laptop screen. The big green on/off button is the main culprit. If we could select an option for a smaller button and shorter window header that would solve this problem.

The green On/Off button is in proportion with all the other controls. If things don't fit your screen then you could use a smaller scale see Preferences -> GUI Scale. Note that this doesn't affect the VST proprietary editors, they have to be rescaled themselves if they have that option. Another solution is to buy a bigger screen.

That's not too helpful if you don't need the rest of the GUI reduced.
In fact this could cause further issues regarding readability!
Bit hard to buy a bigger screen for a laptop! :oops:

I admit that you are very restricted in what you can do, but I'm afraid I don't much like your ethos.
Perhaps your blunt attitude is to do with your failings with the finer aspects of the english language?
I like Mulab very much, but still unsure whether to purchase or stick with my current DAW!
No disrespect intended ;-)

freddo wrote:I admit that you are very restricted in what you can do, but I'm afraid I don't much like your ethos.
??
your blunt attitude
Which blunt attitude?
No disrespect intended ;-)
Really? Or ironically?

Really :-)
Just being honest. Sorry :oops:

Return to “MUTOOLS”