Can Zebra/2 load wave files?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If it can load soundfonts or wave files, how many? Are there multiple channels in Zebra or just one (or none)?

Thank you in advance. The demo sounds awesome.

Mike

Zebra is not a wave/sample player, it's a "pure" synth, and has (currently at least) no sample playback facilities.

Well, sampling is one of the next big points on my list, but I'm not sure if it will fit into the concept of Zebra2.

Nevertheless there are ideas for new modules that might be derived from sampling, or at least offer sonic capabilities that sound like it.

However, as long as the potential of Zebra2 isn't nearly fully reflected in the known patches, I think it wouldn't be good to distract people by adding even more complex features...

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote:Well, sampling is one of the next big points on my list, but I'm not sure if it will fit into the concept of Zebra2.
It will. IMO. :)

The reason I love zebra 2 is that it is a pure synth, just like Access Virus , JP8000, Nord Lead, AN1x etc. Lets keep it that way!!!
Hackintosh, Ableton, Various plugins inc Repro, Zebra, Tal bassline 101, Xpand, Serum. Mackie onyx audio interface, Presonus Eris e5, Samson Sr850/Yamaha RH5ma headphones, Novation nocturn, Korg nano control 2, Maudio keystation 49, AKAI APC25.

Kebmaster wrote:The reason I love zebra 2 is that it is a pure synth, just like Access Virus , JP8000, Nord Lead, AN1x etc. Lets keep it that way!!!
Well, Zebra will keep its synth abilities anyway. But since it's a modular synth, a little wav(sf2) playback comp would be nice. Just my opinion ;)

Kebmaster wrote:The reason I love zebra 2 is that it is a pure synth, just like Access Virus , JP8000, Nord Lead, AN1x etc. Lets keep it that way!!!

I have some similar feelings. The current osc can make such a wide range of sounds that have barely been explored

well, okay, it is somewhat hard to do that much exploring right now because you cannot save, copy or share waveform shapes and wavesets, but that will come soon. Speaking of osc's what is the 'wave-warp' control mentioned in the online manual?

What interests me more than importing waveforms, is the idea of being able to run live audio through the zebra2 comb modules!

maybe there is also some widardry which can analyse a sample and create a zebra2 waveform/waveset out of it.

I'd love to see a sample-based granular oscillator in some future version of Zebra. No multisample mapping or anything like that, closer to what's in Absynth or CronoX.

But not until Urs is done with Zebra 2.

why not just let zebra2 be able to grab content from a wav for its waveshaping/wavetable engine?

kangul wrote:
Kebmaster wrote: But since it's a modular synth, a little wav(sf2) playback comp would be nice. Just my opinion ;)
That's exactly what I thought would make a nice addition. Just a simple module type.

one more wish for sample-based granular oscillator 8)

----

earthlinger

lyingdyingwonderbody#2

Noobie question; please educate me: I'd love to be able to take a short snippet of a cool sound (the S part of the ADSR) and modify that with Z2's cool filters (and make it play in any key, of course). Am I asking U-he to consider wavetable synthesis (if I could isolate just one oscillation of my recorded sound), graintable synthesis, or just plain old-fashioned sampling?

jcsquire1 wrote:Noobie question; please educate me: I'd love to be able to take a short snippet of a cool sound (the S part of the ADSR) and modify that with Z2's cool filters (and make it play in any key, of course). Am I asking U-he to consider wavetable synthesis (if I could isolate just one oscillation of my recorded sound), graintable synthesis, or just plain old-fashioned sampling?

hmmm... not sure what you want to do. Taking a short snippet of the s part of the adsr means you are using the sound that the zebra oscillators make in the first place. Just put a filter on that osc.

pdxindy: that was FAST! Sorry; I was unclear. The sound isn't originating in a Z2 oscillator (unless I can import it into a wavetable). I mean that I hear a sound I like on a CD and would like to duplicate it. I'm assuming I can find a note played solo and long enough to isolate the sustain part of sound. So I have, maybe, 1/4 s of a clean recording of a sound with a steady envelope. What do I want to do with it so I can make it longer, add an envelope, and send it through some nice modulating effects?

Return to “u-he”