What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

KVR Music Tracker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRer
 
21 posts since 8 Sep, 2010

Postby boyd12; Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:20 am

I would like to know if this works with soundcloud.com?
With the musicplayer of soundcloud, or do I have to put the downloadlink in my topic.

This all off course to get in the member music area
D.H. MOD
 
8166 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:13 am

boyd12 wrote:I would like to know if this works with soundcloud.com?
With the musicplayer of soundcloud, or do I have to put the downloadlink in my topic.

This all off course to get in the member music area

Direct mp3, ogg, or m4a link in the first post of your thread is, I think, the only way to have it show up in the tracker.
KVRer
 
5 posts since 2 Aug, 2011

Postby Lipka; Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 am

yeah
KVRist
 
79 posts since 13 Aug, 2008, from France
 

Postby Art60; Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Still wrong filename extension :(
FHS, please name it kvr_music.m3u, Thank you :)
User avatar
KVRAF
 
6530 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
  

Postby seismic1; Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:32 am

I don't know if this is the right place for this comment, but I have been listening to music here on KVR for about 8 months now and have to say that I am amazed on an almost daily basis by the quality of the submissions to this forum. It can be very time-consuming listening to (let alone commenting on) everything that appears here, (especially when so many tracks require multiple listens to really appreciate), but this place is a proverbial goldmine.

Congratulations to all involved in this forum on their efforts, and hopefully, their successes.

Living in interesting times.

Tim
KVRist
 
74 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Mutateur; Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I would like to have my track on the music tracker, but I don't know if I'm at the right place for it....:

A download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2KI9LEQ1
D.H. MOD
 
8166 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:32 pm

You're not.

Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files [or *.m4a--DHM]. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.
adj
KVRAF
 
2367 posts since 23 Jan, 2001, from In your head...

Postby adj; Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:59 pm

D.H. Miltz wrote:You're not.

Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files [or *.m4a--DHM]. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.


I'm wondering. It's really strange this month that so many people can't understand even the most basic instructions on how to post links in the cafe. In over ten years I don't think I've ever seen so many complaints in one week about how people can't get their links to work-- "How can I make my link work?" questions. It's weird.

Is it maybe because the page is so busy with ads and stuff that it's too overwhelming on the brain or something?

Is it because the GIANT INSANELY OBVIOUS SPACE on the right of the screen showing the easily clickable MEMBER MUSIC tab is not easy to understand for non-native English speakers or general illiterates? Has there been an enormous marketing push to sell internet-ready computers in remote areas of Kansas? Or are people just being brain-lazy?

Do we need more/better/easier to understand instructions?
D.H. MOD
 
8166 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:48 pm

I just don't know.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4282 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!
  

Postby folderol; Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Possibly it's down to the fact most sites are just point and click these days - don't require any reading, but also don't really allow you to have any choice about how your work is presented.

KVR requires more thinking - and reading (horror upon horrors). Having said that, the cafe contest instructions could be a bit clearer on some details, I'd been meaning to make suggestions to Scoops for some time but life just gets in the way ;)

Then again, I never had a problem right from the start, but I do things the old fashioned way - lurk for a while to see what everyone else does :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
adj
KVRAF
 
2367 posts since 23 Jan, 2001, from In your head...

Postby adj; Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:39 am

:lol:
User avatar
KVRAF
 
6530 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
  

Postby seismic1; Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:05 am

folderol wrote:
Then again, I never had a problem right from the start, but I do things the old fashioned way - lurk for a while to see what everyone else does :lol:


Lurk, In The Old Fashioned Way.

That is a hell of a song title. I don't think my mother would approve :?
KVRist
 
127 posts since 25 Nov, 2011, from Minneapolis, MN
 

Postby PaleBlueDot; Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Great!
KVRist
 
97 posts since 18 Nov, 2006

Postby kennymeg; Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:45 pm

adj wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:You're not.

Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files [or *.m4a--DHM]. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.


I'm wondering. It's really strange this month that so many people can't understand even the most basic instructions on how to post links in the cafe.

Is it because the GIANT INSANELY OBVIOUS SPACE on the right of the screen showing the easily clickable MEMBER MUSIC tab is not easy to understand for non-native English speakers or general illiterates?

Do we need more/better/easier to understand instructions?


Feeling a bit silly now, but which GIANT INSANELY OBVIOUS SPACE on the right of the screen showing the easily clickable MEMBER MUSIC tab? I'm obviously not seeing it for looking at it. :cry:
KVRian
 
657 posts since 21 Aug, 2003

Postby Programentalist; Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:47 pm

seismic1 wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for this comment, but I have been listening to music here on KVR for about 8 months now and have to say that I am amazed on an almost daily basis by the quality of the submissions to this forum. It can be very time-consuming listening to (let alone commenting on) everything that appears here, (especially when so many tracks require multiple listens to really appreciate), but this place is a proverbial goldmine.

Congratulations to all involved in this forum on their efforts, and hopefully, their successes.

Living in interesting times.

Tim

Can't but agree, haven't been here for ages, but I don't remember it being so full of good stuff!
PreviousNext

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe