A new piano in town

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know if you guys remember a thread a while ago about a new piano, with fantastic expressivity, and very light in terms of Sample size?
Well, it will be launched in about two weeks. Check at http://www.truepianos.com
I am certain it will be a success among all piano lovers. Thos that remember the tracks being posted will recall how expressive and alive they were sounding. After that, things were refined still, and today it will sound even more alive.
I feel fortunate by being one of those that was able to try it already.
Fernando (FMR)

eee! how much

RonC

It is not a sample player, though, more like a mix of sampling and physical modelling, with pedal activity simulation, too. That's why it's sample size is so light
Fernando (FMR)

rpc9943 wrote:eee! how much

RonC
Don't know yet, but I'm certain it will not cost you a fortune. I would risk that it will be under 200, but I'm not enrolled, so...
Fernando (FMR)

Just listen to this sample, and let me know what you think - http://www.yohng.com/pvt/newengine.mp3
Fernando (FMR)

And watch this video (with an older engine, though - no pedal action sympathetic simulation yet):
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid= ... =zeitgeist
Fernando (FMR)

Sounds terrific. Is that Gershwin?

I've certainly heard worse, but it's smothered in verb and chorus, so give it to us dry!

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Dave Rich should wear a tux. Or at least wash that shirt. Is that a logo or gravy?

Great sounding VSTi.

mistertoast wrote:Sounds terrific. Is that Gershwin?
Actually, I don't know :oops: But sounds like... It's not me playing. Believe it or not, I think it's one of the coders playing :o
Fernando (FMR)

Watto wrote:I've certainly heard worse, but it's smothered in verb and chorus, so give it to us dry!

It's dry, dude ;-) Not my kind of piano sound, but I think it's amazing. But this module has eight presets, among them rock, jazz (this one), classical, warm, vanilla, etc. Each one is like a new piano (with the same sample set - you just have to try it to believe).
Last edited by fmr on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

So it's from 4Front? That makes sense. I imagine the old 4Front Piano was the first step along the way.

Watto wrote:I've certainly heard worse, but it's smothered in verb and chorus, so give it to us dry!

Oh - and you may have it dryer... Just don't use so much pedal ;-)
It's like a real piano. This is the effect of the strings vibrating in sympathy.
Fernando (FMR)

mistertoast wrote:So it's from 4Front? That makes sense. I imagine the old 4Front Piano was the first step along the way.
Yep - it's from 4Front, but a long way from "that" 4Front Piano ;-)
Fernando (FMR)

Oh, well that doesn't sound very realistic to me, especially on that ascending passage. Being picky, mind you!

I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Return to “Instruments”