animating knobs from midi data in SE

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Just trying to learn a little about synthedit, since im needing to make an informative plugin for the midi incoming data.
Bassically, i want to put some knobs for each channel (expression, mod-wheel, etc) that moves according to the midi in data. I know it's possible since i have seen some synthedit based plugins to do that.
Where i can found the info for do that?

Thanks in advance,

Marce.

Create one of those new-style knobs (or sliders, whatever). Then you need an input in that container that goes to a "Volts to Float" module, then to a "Patch Mem - Float Out B", which in turn goes to the "Value" attribute of the main "Patch Mem Float" module which is already there.

Now all you have to do is feed in the output from a "Controllers" module (which is found in the MIDI subgroup) into this input in the knob/slider module.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks the tips Greg! I will try that.

or you could add a midi automator module in between your MIDI In and MIDI-to-CV module, then click the properties of your animated know/slider and bind it to a MIDI CC number. :D
Roberson Audio Synthesizers

Chris Roberson wrote:or you could add a midi automator module in between your MIDI In and MIDI-to-CV module, then click the properties of your animated know/slider and bind it to a MIDI CC number. :D
Yeah, I know about that, but I think I remember there was a reason for me not doing it that way in one of my VSTis... I think maybe it didn't more the slider/knob in realtime or something.

EDIT: Oh, hang on, now I remember. I did it that way because I had it so you could actually assign the MIDI control numbers within the VSTi GUI.

Whatever floats your boat. But cheers on that kind of design, flexibility is never a bad thing. ;)
Roberson Audio Synthesizers

posted this on SEG as well :

http://www.dehaupt.com/SynthEdit/DH_MIDIFilter+.htm

Do you want to control knobs from incoming MIDI data ?
Like automate them ?

midi-in --> DH_MIDIfilter+ --> KDL MIDI2GUIfloat --> RH_FloatRedirect --> Bitmap image with a knob.

Thanks all! I made it the way Greg said, but im keeping the ideas for future use.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”