Anna - Hybrid Synth Feature Request thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anna

Hey all!

With the kvr developer challenge nearing its end I'd like to start to plan for the post-KVRDC development of my entry "Anna".

SHAMELESS PLUG: If you haven't already tried it out, please do, and if you really really like it, feel free to put a vote down for me :) Also, check out all the other entries over at: http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_challenge.php

Description of Anna:
A Subtractive, FM and WaveGeneration hybrid synthesizer capable of a wide range of sounds thanks to its versatile oscillators, flexible routing scheme and extensive modulation capabilities.

Features:
4xOSC capable of complex waveforms
OSC Spread Function
2xMulti-mode Filters (14 modes + overdrive)
Pitch tracking filters - "play" the filters.
4xMulti-mode LFO's (random, waveform and seq)
4xEnvelopes (basic and multi-point modes)
Extensive modulation matrix with 16 slots.
Frequency Modulation XY-pad.
Semi-modular effects section
All modulations "audio rate", modulation sources include oscillator and filter outputs, destinations include osc pitch, volume, destination and filter cutoff and panning, amongst other things.

Current known issues:
CPU USAGE! Will continue to work on this until I got it down to a decent level.
Load times, same applies here

Current feature requests I know of:
Midi CC as modulation sources
Midi CC map for controls
Global / free running LFO's
User drawable waveforms
User loadable waveforms

The first three I will do. The latter two probably not. Drawable waveforms will come in another synthmaker example synth instead I think.

From this thread (so you don't have to read every post to find out if your FR already has been posted):
* Pitch Bend
* Documentation (specifically the delay section was mentioned, but I see it as a more general FR :))
* After touch & mod wheel as modulation sources

Get the current version over at http://www.synthmaker.com/anna.html

liars&ashes: how's this for promotion? :)
Last edited by stefancrs on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

anna är en riktig läckerbit.

it sounds very good, but any external modulation above a certain frequency causes audio glitches and CPU fluxuations. I am using AMD athlon 64, NOT pentium, so it can't be denormal issues.
I have experienced this time and time again with Synthmaker plugins. Is there some fix that can be applied to this problem?

anyway, very nice synth. pretty GUI and definitely an excellent sound to it.
-g
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Pitch bend doesn't seem to work, otherwise it's the CPU issues I noted, too.
It's an awesome synth that I need a lot more time with. The mod matrix alone is worth a couple of weeks... :D
Rakkervoksen

Love the sounds and the presets... Sure I'll tweak a little more with it!
Edirol UA-1EX - Axiom 61

I really couldn't give a hoot about any other features until the cpu and load/adjustment time issues are addressed.

Like I said before, this is a great synth just dying to break free.

Don't know what you're doing but keep it up. CPU is way better (still room for improvement), the whole plug seems more stable and...wow... the way it sounds. :love:

Still takes looooong time to load.

i got but one request, arp and trance gate. please stefancrs :)

I have a request. I want half my synth's name back! :lol:

(Just kidding, there's room enough in this biz for two Ana/Annas, I guess. :hihi:)

hitman8081 wrote:i got but one request, arp and trance gate. please stefancrs :)
You don't think the step sequencers work just fine as such? Check out the trance pad for "trance gating".

AQ: Hehehe, yeah! This synth is a "dedicated to" so to speak, and I doubt people will confuse the two, even if they start calling yours Ana instead of poly-ana :)
Stefan H Singer

BTW, just a FYI for everyone. Next release will break backwards compability. You will still be able to save your patches as .txt and load them in the new version, but most LFO settings will be lost. Just a heads up!
Stefan H Singer

Hovmod wrote:Pitch bend doesn't seem to work, otherwise it's the CPU issues I noted, too.
It's an awesome synth that I need a lot more time with. The mod matrix alone is worth a couple of weeks... :D
I see this as a FR and will add pitch bend later on :). Should I add it just as a modulation source or as modulation source + actual hardwired pitch bend functionality?
Stefan H Singer

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:it sounds very good, but any external modulation above a certain frequency causes audio glitches and CPU fluxuations. I am using AMD athlon 64, NOT pentium, so it can't be denormal issues.
I have experienced this time and time again with Synthmaker plugins. Is there some fix that can be applied to this problem?

anyway, very nice synth. pretty GUI and definitely an excellent sound to it.
-g
We will look into it, is this when automating just one parameter or several? Modulating oscillator settings will always cause CPU spikes / fluxuations though, since the waveforms has to be recalculated when one changes the osc settings.
Stefan H Singer

stefancrs wrote:AQ: Hehehe, yeah! This synth is a "dedicated to" so to speak, and I doubt people will confuse the two, even if they start calling yours Ana instead of poly-ana :)
No worries Stefan, you'd have had to call it P-Ana or Poly-A for my lawyers (all 17 of them, watch out!) to get excited.

*Hugs*

Documentation which gives detailed explanation of how the Delay section works.

Return to “Instruments”