The Roland hammer hath come down...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.d16.pl

It had to happen sooner or later. I definitely saw it coming. :?

too bad. i guess this means get 'em while you can?
..what goes around comes around..

It was too obvious... be original people!!

drama queens

Oddly, Phoscyon is not censored.

Yeah, was this really a surprise to anyone...?

My guess is Roland censored the other two because the other two are perhaps more recognizable, if that makes sense. Lots of synths can do acceptable 303 sounds, but 808/909 is pretty hard to get unless you have a real 808 or 909.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

In the case of the 808 clone, I'm guessing the look was infringing on a trademark, not the sound. If they can get close enough to the 808, they are free to do so, nowt Roland can do about it.

Shame.........those were some of the finest gui's in the land. I don't even need 808/909 sounds but thought about buying them just to stare at the gui's

Wonder why Roland would even care. There are megs of 909/808 samples on the net already. :shrug:

Or a cleverly designed marketing scheme to get people to panic buy. Looks like Drumazon is still for sale.

Here's an idea Roland............Buy the D16 Group, hire their programmers/designers for future products and SELL the damn things yourself.

Teksonik wrote:Here's an idea Roland............Buy the D16 Group, hire their programmers/designers for future products and SELL the damn things yourself.
Your plan is strong, like your kung fu, but it lacks cease as well as desist, and so it could never fly at the corporation.

Why isn't Phoscyon censored? And what exactly does it mean for D16? All products are still up for sale. There is no info on their webpage about Roland censored their products.
Cowbells!

Maybe when they say "Censored by...guess who?" the right guess is actually their marketing guy?

So they can't show it, but they can sell it?

not to offend in any way, but who needs a tr909/808/303 clone anyway?
the 303 was covered already vsti wise ...
909/808 are easyly recreated by a lot of drumsynths out there ... the cymbals are on millions on sampling cd's (as are the bd's and the snares, too), and the onboard sequencers can be done with varoius free/commercial step sequencers out there, which even offer a lot more control i was missing in the days when the 909/808 was hip ...

on a general note, if it's true that d16 group was f**ked by roland, it's a shame ... they've been putting so much effort into their stuff ...
on the other hand, if it's true, they should have known before ...
and:
with those programming skills, come on ... do something original ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”