* newest items *
MenuMagic is the plug-in management tool specially designed to work with Cakewalk's Sonar DAW. Its powerful toolset enables you to analyze, fix issues and organize your plug-ins (VST, VST3, DX, 32-bit, 64-bit) into menus quickly and easily.
Just some of MenuMagic's currently implemented features:
with v2 (beta)
- Support for Sonar 2015 down to Sonar 6.
- VST3 support/handling.
- Support non-English languages (including Chinese, Japanese, Russian, etc.) when building menus or renaming plug-ins.
- Additional plug-in filters - in the Categorization & Name Fixes tabs you can now additionally filter plug-ins based on whether they are 32 or 64 bit.
- Ability to add bit type (32/64) as suffix to plug-in name that will show up in Sonar's plug-in menus (when you create custom menus using Sonar's Plug-in manager this information is lost).
- Verifies that Sonar's database has the correct bit level (32 vs 64) set for your plug-ins (and let's you easily correct them if not) to avoid plug-in mishandling!
- Improved dead and redundant path detection in setting up Sonar's VST Scan Folders.
- Improved interface
- Resizable GUI.
- More skins
- Remembers size & placement of program location
- Advanced Plug-in Renaming/Name Fix Module with Plug-in Type Filtering]
- New MenuMagic Tray Icon App! Quick access to updating Plug-in Database and/or launch MenuMagic]
- Support for Sonar X2a and previous versions.
- MenuMagic 32bit/64bit support of Cakewalk DAWs installed on Windows8, Windows7, Vista and XP.
- Recognizes and automatically pre-Categorizes over 1200 different plug-ins when program is run for the first time or when new plug-ins are discovered.
- Allows you to quickly and easily customize the arrangement of your VST & DX plug-ins into Categories that will act as sub-menus within Sonar, Project5 and other Cakewalk DAWs.
- Categories are completed customizable. Easily Add, Delete or Rename Categories and/or modify their tooltip descriptions.
- Instantly find new plug-ins that have been added to your system with the 'New' filter or by using the 'UnCategorized' filter see just those plug-ins that are not yet assigned to a Plug-in menu.
- The ability to synchronize plug-in settings between Sonar, Project5, the VST Adapater (Sonar3-5). This includes categorization (what menus plug-ins appear in) and name fixes (fix once/fixed everywhere).
- Total control - Plug-in synchronization, automatic plug-in name cleanup, automatic categorization of new plug-ins are optional settings that can be turned on or off.
- Duplicate Plug-in Fixer - Detects duplicate plug-ins and lets you disable duplicate VSTs on your system.
- Special option for Sonar - assign plug-in layout menu to be the default menu for special Sonar area such as SynthRackSynths, TrackAudioEffects, TrackSynths, etc..
- Using more that one version of Sonar?
Set where individual versions of Sonar look for their plug-in layout menus or synchronize them to all use the same folder!
- Control Sonar's VST scan folders list - options to eliminate duplicate & recursive paths so that list is optimized.
- Thorough use of tooltips (mouse over hints) though out MenuMagic make the program easy to learn and understand.
- Sophisticated plug-in name managements tools such as
- Casading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plug-in names.
- Prefix or suffix plug-in names based on type (i.e. VST, VSTi, DX, DXi).
- Hide plug-ins from appearing within your DAW or unHide them - quick, easy & NON-PERMANENT.
- Menu Preview option lets you see how your settings will appear within Cakewalk menus before you implement your changes.
- Your MenuMagic settings are preserved and protected from VST Adapter changes - re-implement your settings with one click!
- VST Adapter monitor - warns you when the VST Adapter has changed system settings that will effect your plug-ins.
- MenuMagic Status tab notifies you of plug-in modifications, system changes, warns you of stale backups, un-applied changes and more.
- Fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid shows you details on all your VST / DX plug-ins and identifies duplicates. Multi-column bi-directional sorts let you see your data in whatever manner you desire. Grid has a full screen mode option as well.
- Plug-in Grid shows all modifications made since your last save in red.
- Duplicate Plug-in Fixer - new as of v1.1. MenuMagic give you the tools to intelligently resolve duplicate plug-in problems affecting your Cakewalk DAWs.
- Quick view grid shows all possible dupes in all of the plug-in system layers (VST Adapter, Project 5 and Sonar) at the same time!
- Detail panes show detailed file information and VST plug-in information on selected plug-ins(DX plug-ins will display only file information)..
- Disable selected plug-ins or re-enable disabled dupe plug-ins (if you disabled the wrong one) at a later time.
- Direct access to plug-ins folder location allows you to perform manual actions if you so desire.
- Made a mistake? Instantly revert to your last saved settings!
- Customize the appearance of MenuMagic to your taste with 14 selectable skins plus tweakable hue, saturation and alpha settings.
- Cakewalk VST registry backup/restore tools.
- Global Plug-in undo - oops proof - one button resets all of your plug-ins settings back to how they were before using MenuMagic. This feature also works great if you have to switch between Cakewalk & non-Cakewalk DAWs - and re-implementing your previous MenuMagic settings is a one click operation.
- Global Program reset - reset all of MenuMagic settings back to their initial out-of-the-box defaults.
- Found a bug or got a program suggestion? Bug Report button allows you to easily submit your problem or request directly to Agitated State to be reviewed by our programmers.
MenuMagic has been tested on the following Cakewalk DAWs:
- SONAR 2015 (Platinum, Professional, Artist)
- SONAR X3 all versions
- SONAR X2 all versions
- SONAR X1 all versions
- SONAR 8.5 all versions
- SONAR 8 all versions
- SONAR 7 all versions
- SONAR 6 all versions
- SONAR 5 all versions
- SONAR 4 all versions
- SONAR 3 all versions
- Project5 Version 2 and 2.5x
It should also work for (via VST Adapter support):
- Guitar Tracks Pro 3
- Home Studio 2
- Home Studio 2 XL
- Music Creator 2
If you missed an update and are curious about what program changes have previously taken place you can check here:
MenuMagic Program History
We offer a 15 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your MenuMagic purchase.(click here to purchase)
Currently MenuMagic is discounted 50% until v2 is released!
regular price $49.95
Price will increase in later beta stages and all early adopter discounts will expire on the final release of V2.
MenuMagic Purchase link
Buy now and you will receive the latest version of MenuMagic, access to beta versions and receive a free upgrade to version 2 when it is released.