FR theme: VST Wrapper and VST Handling

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

-I would like a midi learn button on the wrapper that just starts learning when you press it.

-I would like a way to make banks out of presets from other banks (possible already?)

-I would like to automate the preset morpher (when it comes back)

-I would like a fixed height page for the wrapper that only shows mapped and automated parameters (the idea being that I can make a nice neat "rack" of my automated VST's all in a congruent row.)
Perhaps some options for sliders, x/y pad etc would be a nice bonus.

I like. It wouldnt work with the v1.4 morpher though, it needs some re-writing before I bring this back and at the same time full fill future request. Morpher, rack is kind of related imo.

cheers
jorgen
Half developer half human
XT Software
http://www.energy-xt.com

- I would like to see a 'vst object bar' or toolbar which contains the above functions plus others

- I would like to see a soundfont or a way to create a new 'synth/sampler' patch from the VST (similar to the feature found in Chainer but works with the XT2 sampler'

- I would like to see some 'basic' midi functions like transpose or velocity mapping added to the VST wrapper
Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 and Phrazor for Music | Blender for 3D

jorgen wrote:I like. ...
cheers
jorgen
:D
Thanks!

:D indeed

In other threads:

Linear/Circular knob preference
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181439

Disabling "capture keys to host"
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181629

soma wrote: -I would like a fixed height page for the wrapper that only shows mapped and automated parameters (the idea being that I can make a nice neat "rack" of my automated VST's all in a congruent row.)
Perhaps some options for sliders, x/y pad etc would be a nice bonus.
Actually I'll go further with this. If the VST wrapper is going to produce a non-gui equivalent of a plug eventually, make it so we can configure what controls are visible full-stop whether automated or not - and even have an option that you can restrict automation to only the parameters you've chosen to be visible. :shock:

That would be seriously cool.

Of course, the Group Comp may or may not have all these nifty features in future anyway in which case it possibly doesn't matter as much.

jorgen - does this align with your concept of the Group Comp? It's hard for me to tell because the Group Comp has remained a blank square for some time now. :hihi:

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

[moved to FR Theme: Browser ... DarkStar]

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 06#2582606

Save VST state to clip
- Could we please have a "dump all vst parameters to start of clip" function or some sort of way to save the same stuff you save in a song to a clip. I want to tweak and dump that to something I can copy and paste to have different timbrel parts for the same clip.

soma wrote:Save VST state to clip
- Could we please have a "dump all vst parameters to start of clip" function or some sort of way to save the same stuff you save in a song to a clip. I want to tweak and dump that to something I can copy and paste to have different timbrel parts for the same clip.
+1

You used to be able to do that with sysex data in some sequencers yeah? Didn't that cause a delay when you hit play though? I can't really remember - it's been too long, but if it did I imagine a dump of VST parameter information may bring about a similar issue.

Do you think that's a possibility?

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

- delete/replace component from wrapper.

Make the program ignore unloadable VST: s, not discard a whole project just because one VST is missing or not working.

Fast switch sounds

-Drag a preset from any plugin to the wrapper to replace current component with the preset and it's instrument. (Automation lanes should be marked as inactive and be re-assignable)

-Treat .xtc's just like presets. (Drag them anywhere you can a preset to add/replace just the sound source and no midi; audio/drum .xtc's dragged to a midi path become samplers). They should show up as presets in the browser too.

-Save CC mappings with .xtc's

in another thread, M1 wrote: fxp copy and paste
if i could copy the patch i'm in and then paste it to another instrument so i can make variations of the patch without having to save and load that would cut out alot of hassle.

Return to “energyXT”