Rubberfilter - extreme filter with up to 384dB/Oct!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

tonight we decided to finally release RUBBERFILTER, a free VST-Plugin to filter out frequencies in any audio signal with up to 384 dB/Oct. As you can see below RUBBERFILTER is a stereo filter which also allows you to process each channel seperately. A magnitude display bar at the bottom provides a preview of what is filtered out.

The plugin offers filters of up to 384dB/Oct and you can change the steepness in 6dB steps starting from 6dB/Oct. Here's a plot of 4 different filter orders (2nd, 4th, 8th and 64th order = 384dB/Oct):

You can download the plugin either from my site or from dalor's site

Enjoy the steep filtering,

Christian

thanx 8)

SWEET! THANKS!

Nice! Thanks for this. :D
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Great stuff!
Thank you :tu:

this is nice.. I love the gui and the sound possibilities are deadly! :D

my only wish is the gui to be 2x it's current size... its pretty small at the moment :(

Superb!
-- Regards MrM --

Excellent design. I agree a hair bigger couldn't hurt, but It's ultra-slick as is..

Good Job!

I'll see what this can do tommorrow. How high does the resonance go? Does it self-oscillate? Maybe it would be cool to have a crossfade where the output feeds back into the input stage..

:party:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Thank you, this looks great. Nice!

damn, is it christmas and i didnt noticed it? first an eq and then a filter :love:
Thanx a bunch, Christian !! :hail:
Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

Wow, what a filter :shock:
At first I thought 384dB/oct was a typo :D
I always wanted a filter which offers more than the already steep 36dB/oct.
Thanks very very much.

Good God man, Thanks!

It IS Christmas in June! :borg:
I still think, your punctuation sucks, and your spelling isn't cool! So there...

Yeah, it's a cool plug - and I love the interface's size, because I'm really not too keen to make it any larger ;) hehe
Seriously I prefer small -but not too small- GUI's, Screenspace is worth gold when working with alot of plugs and I think the size is a good compromise.
Cowbells!

Comments :
-I love it. Sounds full. Its the best filter I have in my toolset. :D
-The interface is a bit small, but I can live with it. Don't make it too large, but make it medium sizeish, IF you decide to change the size.

Bugs :
-CC Automation doesnt work too well. Glitches a lot when I automate the cutoff, or any parameter at all.
-There seems to be a slight delay between the left and right channels. Please don't change this! It sounds really thick and rich! Maybe you'd like to have an option where it intentionally does this, versus to not doing it? But anyways, this is a good bug, and I wouldn't change it if you had no other option. :D

BTW, what EQ are you guyz talking about? What did I miss?

When you have the filter set to high pass try the following:

Set frequency at 7o hz. Set your resonance at about 60.

Now grab the resonance knob and slam it up 25 degrees for some massive popping/ zippering.

Other parameters are zippering as well.

Cool plug though, definately. I'm tempted to build a Reaktor equivelant (sans funky GUI). I love the way the resonance effects that bottom horizontal display..
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “Effects”