How about this piano soundfont?(1.1 Updated)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i really appreciate your help if this soundfont can be hosted. i rented a sever but there is limit of filesize for downloading(5mb).That's why i splitted this file into 7 parts.

And i'd also like to have your good opinions about it coz i played all kinds of keyboards for years but i don't play piano very often. I used some of piano soundfonts and GIGA libaries before but very often it sounds like:you are listening to piano CDs, instead of sitting on the bench and playing at front of real piano. I know some of libaries are going to be used for just recording, so that's why i wanna make some soundfont for just playing.Because the mic is very close to the strings, like you said,it creates a little harsh but rich sound. I sampled 3 what i call "phyical" velocity layers, the other two layers are filtered. it still a pity that soundfont engine has few filters to use.

yannleo, you can use evilshare.com. You can upload files up to 128mb and they only delete your file after 30 days if there are no downloads at all. Otherwise, it stays accessible.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

thanks a lot! this website is great!

yannleo wrote:i really appreciate your help if this soundfont can be hosted. i rented a sever but there is limit of filesize for downloading(5mb).That's why i splitted this file into 7 parts.

And i'd also like to have your good opinions about it coz i played all kinds of keyboards for years but i don't play piano very often. I used some of piano soundfonts and GIGA libaries before but very often it sounds like:you are listening to piano CDs, instead of sitting on the bench and playing at front of real piano. I know some of libaries are going to be used for just recording, so that's why i wanna make some soundfont for just playing.Because the mic is very close to the strings, like you said,it creates a little harsh but rich sound. I sampled 3 what i call "phyical" velocity layers, the other two layers are filtered. it still a pity that soundfont engine has few filters to use.
I haven't actually gotten to play this soundfont myself yet. I was at work all night. I just ran a MIDI file through it that I usually use for testing(just my own file I made). I'll actually get a chance to play with it tomorrow.

As for hosting it, just PM me if you are interested. Once we get the section up, we can put it there for you. It's all up to you. We will be using a mirror system, so hopefully it can be a good solution.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Thanks a lot, one can never have to many piano soundfonts!!!
kvr-er since kvrvst!

dang - the readcd links have died, and my company firewall blanks evilshare.. :( I was looking forward to this..

oh well, another time

DSP

Can you tell us more about the original piano? Make, model, age, etc?

OK, I have no bandwidth limitations, so you can get the bank here as well.
yannleo: feel free to use this link, I won't delete it. If you update it and would like me to host the updated version, pm me.

Edit: OK, phpBB hates ( and ) in links, I forgot. Oh well.
Edit 2: and it also adds spaces.. so delete the one before ".exe"
Edit 3: Damn you phpBB. OK, it's a good chance to use the short URL script I set up, so, link updated.

Thanks for the link Shy, nice and fast.
And of course thanks to yannleo for the soundfont!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

yannleo wasn't kidding, it really is fun to play :). I like the sound.

I really like this piano. It's a bit too bright in the highest velocity range for my taste but a bit 'o eq fixes that. Very nice work and thanks for making it free! :hail:

I changed my mind, I don't like this piano.................I Love this piano! Been playing it all day with a touch of Lexicon reverb.

This piano sounds fantastic to me. I can't play keys much at all but I still sat for half an hour just tinkering. It sounds beautiful. Thanks very much. The next best thing to my Sampletekks.
Jake Jackson wrote:Can you tell us more about the original piano? Make, model, age, etc?
I'd be interested in this as well.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Shy, thanks for the direct link of download. My music conservatory bought this Steinway B in 1982. It was around 25,000USD at that time. My initial ideal was to bring steinway's sound to my home. I sampled 3 keys each octave. All samples were normorized and cleaned. Although soundfont is an old technology, it still a steady, 64-voice hardware sampler if you have a creative sound card. Soundfont aslo means sharing. Since people have different understanding of sounds and sampling, so I might not update this soundfont coz it fits my yamaha p60 very well.:-) you can easily modify it to fit your own keyboards or speakers if you feel that it's too bright or soft.
Last edited by yannleo on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for sharing @yannleo ... most generous :D

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”