WOW Check this FREE piano VSTi from Tascam !!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn... Me too... I can't install it cause of SP3.

If anybody got a trick, please share with us ! :p

Edit : Well ! I think I found how...

Source : http://www.learngigastudio.com/forum/ar ... t-930.html
dalek3
07-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I found that GVI refused to install on XP SP3 even though it runs fine on it (it displays an error that it needs SP2, quite frustrating). Same thing happens with Sonivox Muse, and presumably other GVI-based VI's.

So, here is a workaround in case anybody needs it:

1. Download and install the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0 (from the Microsoft website)
2. Start->Programs->Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0->Compatibility Administrator
3. Click the "Fix" button at the top (if it is greyed out you may need to make a new custom database first and select it.
4. A create new application fix wizard will appear.
5. Wizard - Program Information screen: Name of application and name of vendor don't matter too much, put anything there. For program file location, browse to the GVI setup program on the CD-ROM. Click Next.
6. Wizard - Compatibility Modes screen: By default "Microsoft Windows 95" will be selected. Change this to "None" and click "Next"
7. Wizard - Compatibility Fixes screen: Scroll down and check the check-box next to "WinXPSP2VersionLie". Click the "Test Run" button (DO NOT CLICK NEXT).
8. Test run window: Ensure the path to the program is correct (should be something like e:\setup.exe). Command line can be blank. Click the OK button.
9. The GVI installer will now launch and proceed quite happily thinking it is running in XP SP2.
10. After the install is done You can close the "Create New Application Fix" wizard and the Compatibility Administrator tool without saving changes.

Afterwards, GVI and GVI-based products ran just as well on SP3 as they did on SP2 (for me, anyway!).
HarPar - Harold
---------------
http://liveacademy.fr
http://haroldparis.fr

Fantastic !!!

Big tnx to dalek3 and rubika for sharing...

Regards,

b.

VitaminD wrote:
Selfik wrote:I'm also getting that noise VitaminD.
Can someone inform them about this,it's really annoying bug!

Good to know I'm not going crazy.. yeah I'd like to know if a patch is in the works.. the reverb sounds nice, minus the thuuuttt sound...

It appears to be the left channel (on a stereo out) that clips when a key is released.. most times when keys are played quickly one after another.. or more than one key is played..

I'm almost entirely sure its a bug.. not a feature..
The thut sound is in one of the "dimensions." I posted an explanation of how to turn it down or off on NorthernSounds.com. Here's a link to the post:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=56068

Cheers.

Cannot seam to find the download link.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:Cannot seam to find the download link.
http://www.ftptascam.com/media/downloads/CVPiano.zip

Jake Jackson wrote:The thut sound is in one of the "dimensions." I posted an explanation of how to turn it down or off on NorthernSounds.com.
Thanks very much for sharing Jake. I found the "release samples" and was going to read the whole GVI manual to figure it out, but now it's going to be much faster : )

Regards,

b.

rubika wrote:Damn... Me too... I can't install it cause of SP3.

If anybody got a trick, please share with us ! :p

Edit : Well ! I think I found how...

Source : http://www.learngigastudio.com/forum/ar ... t-930.html
dalek3
07-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I found that GVI refused to install on XP SP3 even though it runs fine on it (it displays an error that it needs SP2, quite frustrating). Same thing happens with Sonivox Muse, and presumably other GVI-based VI's.

So, here is a workaround in case anybody needs it:

1. Download and install the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0 (from the Microsoft website)
2. Start->Programs->Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0->Compatibility Administrator
3. Click the "Fix" button at the top (if it is greyed out you may need to make a new custom database first and select it.
4. A create new application fix wizard will appear.
5. Wizard - Program Information screen: Name of application and name of vendor don't matter too much, put anything there. For program file location, browse to the GVI setup program on the CD-ROM. Click Next.
6. Wizard - Compatibility Modes screen: By default "Microsoft Windows 95" will be selected. Change this to "None" and click "Next"
7. Wizard - Compatibility Fixes screen: Scroll down and check the check-box next to "WinXPSP2VersionLie". Click the "Test Run" button (DO NOT CLICK NEXT).
8. Test run window: Ensure the path to the program is correct (should be something like e:\setup.exe). Command line can be blank. Click the OK button.
9. The GVI installer will now launch and proceed quite happily thinking it is running in XP SP2.
10. After the install is done You can close the "Create New Application Fix" wizard and the Compatibility Administrator tool without saving changes.

Afterwards, GVI and GVI-based products ran just as well on SP3 as they did on SP2 (for me, anyway!).
That appear a good workaround, BUT to use the Toolkit thing you need to install .NET 2.0 that i dont want.
Can be .NET 2.0 un-installed sucesfully if i install it only for do this trick?

jens wrote:
Cyrosis wrote:
jens wrote:well, o.k. - I think it's useless crap - not worth the download imo - it uses a hilarious amount of cpu-cycles as soon as the samples-program is loaded to the player, even if it ain't doing anything (that's because of the shitload of impulse-responses it's using) - and despite the whole blabla ~230mb ain't that small either, or are they?
230mb's is tiny, the piano I use is 11gb. I am downloading it now however, so I cant say either way on how it sounds to me.
you all need to get a sense of reality... :nutter:

I'm still using MDA Piano most of the time...
I just play my Sohmer.

marce wrote:That appear a good workaround, BUT to use the Toolkit thing you need to install .NET 2.0 that i dont want.
Can be .NET 2.0 un-installed sucesfully if i install it only for do this trick?
That is exactly what I did. Installed .NET v2 and then Toolkit v5 and after CVPiano installation removed them both.

Note: Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0 can not be uninstalled if you uninstall .NET 2.0 before Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0.

So:
Install .NET 2.0
Install Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
Do the CVPiano trick
Uninstall Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
Uninstall .NET 2.0

Regards,

b.

Thanks! I will try it.

james0tucson wrote:
I just play my Sohmer.
nice pianos!

Pretty nice, thanks for sharing!

its so silly to be afraid of .NET...

Stupid American Pig wrote:its so silly to be afraid of .NET...
We are not afraid, but why would you have something you don't need?

BTW: I prefer Bosendorfer, but this Kawai piano trapped inside GVI is more than sweet!

Regards,

b.

Well, all works ok, but the installation stop forever at the Synchrosoft point. Not sucesfully until now.

Return to “Instruments”