Yannleo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BFunKu wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:
BFunKu wrote:Guys, way too much HipHop today.
I illegally sampled j00!!!12!!
Your a Funny Guy Reverse Engineer. I like your creativity also.
8) :lol:
I agree completely with what you said though, people are worrying far too much about this sampling business, and to push your statement a little further, i think we'd be aeons behind, as far as music is concerned, if it wasn't for sampling etc, even from a technology perspective, it was sampling that drove a lot of the hardware/software to where it is now. If people value $$$ over progress, then so be it, but i certainly don't, and it also seems fewer and fewer musicians do.

BFunKu wrote:You Guys worry way too much when It comes to copyrighted samples, considering that the origin of sampling was illegal in the first place. Just about every early HipHop and Breaks Record used illegal samples and some still do today, along with every other genre.
get your mind on your money and your money on your intellectual property, GANGsta
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

don't get me wrong. the thing that gets my blood boiling is a neo-confederate

my stuff has been ripped off since i was a boy, and i still don't think it's right
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Unless you are signed and planning to release something on a major label... I SERIOUSLY wouldn't worry about crap like this. Bands like Skinny Puppy, and Frontline Assembly, sampled movies and other crap ALL THE TIME, and I've never heard of them getting sued for it.

All I've ever heard about, was Skinny Puppy being asked to remove a track featuring William S. Burroughs' voice, which I find quite ironic, considering that Burroughs was a part of the underground scene anyway.

Really, people generally are not going to sue you, unless you have a LOT of money.

John Vulich wrote:Unless you are signed and planning to release something on a major label... I SERIOUSLY wouldn't worry about crap like this. Bands like Skinny Puppy, and Frontline Assembly, sampled movies and other crap ALL THE TIME, and I've never heard of them getting sued for it.

All I've ever heard about, was Skinny Puppy being asked to remove a track featuring William S. Burroughs' voice, which I find quite ironic, considering that Burroughs was a part of the underground scene anyway.

Really, people generally are not going to sue you, unless you have a LOT of money.
I agree with this at 100% but does that makes things right ?
Instead of taking a soundfont presented as free and legit , why don't you simply download freely the VST or the sample ibrary it is coming from , go on d****oid , m***a**xy, find some link on rapidshare , pirate bay whatever ...
Unless you are making money you don't have to care about license crap (a lot of people from the studios are using warez though they are making good money : i red countless articles about the ohm force , Rob papen , tone 2 ,complaning some big studios were using cracked softwares http://www.prosoundnewseurope.com/index ... nt&task=vi ew&id=463&Itemid=26 ) so why bother buying softwares anyway as, and it is true, you won't be cought !!
But what the ethic in there ?
note that nothing that i put in my answer wasn't implied in your statement, and again publishing link to samples on my forum who is promoting free and legit content ,give me the responsability to know as far as it possible who made the samples ...
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Hi,

My only concern when I wrote the originally quoted text in this thread was to inform people that the legal status of the samples is questionable and that Yann himself did not sample the piano nor he does know the exact source of the samples. This however does not necessarily mean that the samples originally were not in the public domain. Thus "questionable"..

If you want to believe that it's okay to use "potentially" non-legally obtained instruments (whether VSTi/Soundfonts/samples etc) is okay when you use it for non-commercial ends then that's your own choice and your own interpretation of my words. However for your own sanity it's usually better just to admit you are using pirated software/instruments and if this should indeed be the case to consider at one point to support the people and companies who bring such instruments to the public.

It's a matter of ethics and not about being caught or not.
CloudNine wrote:The guy from TruePianos seems to say I can use the Yannleo sf for non-commercial stuff. Is that also true if I use the synths for non-commercial stuff? I could be in my grave before I sell any of my tunes. Can I worry about it after I set up my donation page and my first dollar comes in?
I already own Motif 8 by Yamaha. Does that count?
---
Roel / 4Front Technologies

can someone post a link to his synths please?

Not sure why you quoted my post, Roel.
I believe you may have misunderstood. Perhaps you can clarify.
I posed three questions based on the post by someone from TruePianos.
I doubt that I will ever use anything Yannleo-related unless and until all issues have been clarified.
I have more than enough pianos for my needs already.

Looking at a perspective, I tried out Yannleo's piano vsti thing a while back (MEMO 06 I think). I can definitely clarify it sounds scaringly close to electronic keyboard sounds (particularly the Roland ones). Basically, they sounded like they were from a keyboard set, not a real piano. (I've compared the sound with my church's RD-700SX and my cousin's RS-50 keyboards, as well as the Yamaha one compared to my cousin's other keyboard, Yamaha MO8. To my ear, not "Exactly" the same in playability, but the 'tone' of it was almost identical.)

If that were the case, it would've been better off sending a letter to Roland or Yamaha for permission to use samples from any of their digital or electroacoustic keyboards..

Just my two cents.

John Vulich wrote:Unless you are signed and planning to release something on a major label... I SERIOUSLY wouldn't worry about crap like this. Bands like Skinny Puppy, and Frontline Assembly, sampled movies and other crap ALL THE TIME, and I've never heard of them getting sued for it.

I hear stienway is now planning to sue anyone who samples their pianos without a cut of the royalties. But, you see, they have to, because they are getting sued by the company they contracted to supply the wood because they want royalties too. Of course, when Husqvarna (who supplies the chainsaws for the lumber company who supplies stienway) found out the chainsaws they had sold were being used to cut the wood that was producing stienway's pianos that were being sampled in famous studios, they were furious! :x So of course they are suing the lumber company! Now, naturally, Shell (supplying the gasoline used in those chainsaws) realizes they are only 6 logical steps away from their cut of the royalties and DARNIT! They need the money too!

So you can see, it's obviously very very wrong to sample anything because everyone else basically owns it all anyway and they will breathe down your neck about it.

Yeah, that Steinway story is definitely true (according to my VET Music teacher). Kinda ridiculous though while they "already" sell for a 5/6-figure sum, and they still demand more. That's like saying, "I made this, you can have it for your bank loan/year's advance, and you can't sell anything that uses it, let alone tamper with it, without giving us some extra cash per produced item."

Better off invent a portable piano that uses guitar/bass/bow strings if it hasn't been done already. :S

androidlove wrote:
BFunKu wrote:You Guys worry way too much when It comes to copyrighted samples, considering that the origin of sampling was illegal in the first place. Just about every early HipHop and Breaks Record used illegal samples and some still do today, along with every other genre.
get your mind on your money and your money on your intellectual property, GANGsta
What is that suppose to mean? I'm just stating the Facts of the History of Sampling, SUCKa! :D :hihi: I never said that using copyrighted samples is the right way to go about it.
Last edited by BFunKu on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaliceX wrote:Looking at a perspective, I tried out Yannleo's piano vsti thing a while back (MEMO 06 I think). I can definitely clarify it sounds scaringly close to electronic keyboard sounds (particularly the Roland ones). Basically, they sounded like they were from a keyboard set, not a real piano. (I've compared the sound with my church's RD-700SX and my cousin's RS-50 keyboards, as well as the Yamaha one compared to my cousin's other keyboard, Yamaha MO8. To my ear, not "Exactly" the same in playability, but the 'tone' of it was almost identical.)

If that were the case, it would've been better off sending a letter to Roland or Yamaha for permission to use samples from any of their digital or electroacoustic keyboards..

Just my two cents.
He's giving the VSTi away as Freeware so It's not like he's making money off this. So does it really matter if he got the samples from Roland or some Homeless Crackhead down the block! It would be totally different if he was trying to sell the Synth, but he isn't.

Not what I mean at all. I'm actually referring to Roel's previous notion of obtaining permission to use the samples Yannleo had, but then noted Yannleo didn't record them himself so.

Anyway.

Hi,

Well it's quite simple, I'm that 'TruePianos guy' :)
CloudNine wrote:Not sure why you quoted my post, Roel.
I believe you may have misunderstood. Perhaps you can clarify.
I posed three questions based on the post by someone from TruePianos.
I doubt that I will ever use anything Yannleo-related unless and until all issues have been clarified.
I have more than enough pianos for my needs already.
---
Roel / 4Front Technologies

Return to “Instruments”