Page 1 of 3

Deadmau5 kick sound?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:06 pm
by zircon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8dhZRfiTw

I have spent hours trying to get somewhere CLOSE to this kick sound.. using acoustic drum samples, compression, distortion, drum machine sounds, EQ, and everything in between. I simply cannot get anywhere close to the largeness of it, that ultra-tight attack, and round body. Does anyone have any idea? Please be very specific! General advice like 'it's just lots of layering and processing' etc. is not very helpful as I've heard that all before... but if there are specific sample CDs, or some sort of unusual production trick or plugin that you think is being used, I would love to hear it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:49 am
by Meffy
[Moved to Samples... and *bump*]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:06 am
by sb.net
Actually, there is sort of a secret.. it's using an old buzz kick synth (You can use one in FL studio "Buzz Generator Adapter).. I would give you a link to get it, but buzzmachines.com is down, so get it here.. http://www.box.net/shared/gm0k2sk795

Put this in this folder.. C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 7\Plugins\Fruity\Generators\Buzz Generator Adapter

When using it hit C3 on your keyboard..

EDIT: this is the almost the default sound with NO processing: http://www.box.net/shared/ib6jy3j2nc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 am
by zircon
Wow. That was amazingly simple. Thank you very much; I had asked a bunch of friends of mine who kept trying to tell me it was some sort of thing with compression, or it was a 909 kick changed around, but I knew there was something else to it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:36 am
by Vonbrucken
sb.net wrote:Actually, there is sort of a secret.. it's using an old buzz kick synth (You can use one in FL studio "Buzz Generator Adapter).. I would give you a link to get it, but buzzmachines.com is down, so get it here.. http://www.box.net/shared/gm0k2sk795

Put this in this folder.. C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 7\Plugins\Fruity\Generators\Buzz Generator Adapter

When using it hit C3 on your keyboard..

EDIT: this is the almost the default sound with NO processing: http://www.box.net/shared/ib6jy3j2nc

Thanks for this buzz generator
You can check out Bazzism (not free though but cheap )
Where can we find th other buzz machines when that the site is gone ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:50 am
by sb.net
Your very welcome!!

Vonbrucken, very good question.. I've always liked the effects and generators.. :shrug:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:01 pm
by Vonbrucken
:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm
by foosnark
Something fun and stupid you can do with that one: automate the "trigger" parameter with, say, a squarewave LFO. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:27 pm
by dusted william
is there a way to use buzz generators without FL or buzz?

I searched for a VST buzz machine wrapper thing, but found nothing.

thanks for the tip:)

dw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:16 pm
by dacaumodo
That's a cool kick. Would someone make it available as a wav file somewhere?

You can download jeskola buzz from there:

http://www.01net.com/outils/telecharger ... 28791.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:33 am
by polac
Vonbrucken wrote:Where can we find th other buzz machines when that the site is gone ?


http://zzub.org/static/buzzmachines/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:27 am
by sb.net
polac wrote:
Vonbrucken wrote:Where can we find th other buzz machines when that the site is gone ?


http://zzub.org/static/buzzmachines/


Thanks!! you can still get them!!
That's a cool kick. Would someone make it available as a wav file somewhere?

You can download jeskola buzz from there:

http://www.01net.com/outils/telecharger/windows/Mu ltimedia/edition_audio/fiches/tele28791.html


I was thinking about coming out with a pack of kicks.. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:51 am
by Vonbrucken
sb.net wrote:
polac wrote:
Vonbrucken wrote:Where can we find th other buzz machines when that the site is gone ?


http://zzub.org/static/buzzmachines/


Thanks!! you can still get them!!
That's a cool kick. Would someone make it available as a wav file somewhere?

You can download jeskola buzz from there:

http://www.01net.com/outils/telecharger/windows/Mu ltimedia/edition_audio/fiches/tele28791.html


I was thinking about coming out with a pack of kicks.. ;)

Groovy !! Image
@ polac thanks for the link !! :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:14 pm
by Elijah.P
this kick is just a vengeance sample

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 pm
by LBN
It just sounds like a kick any halfway decent FM synth could make.