3am - n_lest (an utter massacre)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been absent from the cafe for a few days (anyone who knows what an FCS date is would understand why). I have had time for some tasty destruction, this is the beginning...

n_lest

Most of the sounds in this began from jamming with MFM2 and Ohmicide ...no sound source, just self-oscillation and intense feedback. Resampled to make drum noises and tuned for or one of the melodic components. Add some Skinny Puppy pads and some kind of reese bass and here we have a noisy ass mess. Don't expect any kind of cohesive structure. :D

Thanks for listening,
3am
Last edited by justin3am on Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for making some more music, justin 8)

excellent! some great tortured noiz!
many various atmospheres...and sublim abstract rhythms!
top piece!

Thanks Runny! You know I was inspired to make this from watching the videos in that BT thread... Come to think of it I learned everything I know from Brian.

Seriously though, he is a hell of a dude, regardless of what anybody says. He and my boss are really good friends (he DJd my bosses wedding reception), it's funny, he is very aware of what a douche bag people think he is and he is very self-conscious about it. The only thing that sucks about that is it's really tough to make fun of him to his face, which I was honestly dying to do!

Thanks Jack I thought you might like it.

Nice track Justin, tons of vibe, brings me to a whole other place.

Somewhere between psychedelic voices softly speaking things like " what r doing, where did you go " and these pads and bass are like waves of walls, and hallways...

Brutally beautiful! The excellent grooves are a total bonus. Great mood and atmosphere shifts. Whatcha synthin' on in this?
Image Image

nice mess :)

polyslax wrote:Brutally beautiful! The excellent grooves are a total bonus. Great mood and atmosphere shifts. Whatcha synthin' on in this?
A track only a mother could love!

You know I can't resist gettin' me groove on. Actually, This started as a tempo-less amalgum of terror but there was a moment when I introduced a delay-time-modulated instance of Ohmboys to the percussion that ended up making me nod my head, the rest is history.

Where shoyld I start with a VST list?

MFM2 > Ohmicide > Sonalksis 315mk2 comp = general noise

^ resampled into Battery 3 > RenComp > Lucifer2 > OhmBoys = percussion

^ resampled into V-Synth > 315mk2 > FF Timeless = tuned percusion

Kontakt 2 > RenComp > AirEQ = Stab lead

FF Twin > MFM2 > 517mk2 EQ = Detuned lead

Zebra2 > AD Fuzz+ > PSP Nitro > 315mk2 > FF Volcano > 719mk2 gate = Bass

Ableton Sampler = Pad

Send 1 = Arts Acoustic verb

Send 2 = Korg MDE-X verb

Send 3 = RenEQ2 (receiving signal from the kick channel to be fed to the gate on the bass channel for ducking)

Master = PSP Vintage Warmer

I think thats all... :lol:

There was a ton or routing and rerouting for this. For a total of 8 sound sources I had 23 tracks in the project.

COOLIO

a sampler on lsd

superb!

:)

very now nu-noise

23:50 after feeding the little baby - lovely listen

Cheers ET,

would have never guessed that this would be appealing to you. Just goes to show you can't judge a musician by his music!
or can you? I made more sense when I was thinking it. In writing it doesn't make sense, or cents, of scents. Honestly, I'm really high right now, I haven't had hash since I was in Amsterdam... :drunk:

WOW! is that a coincidence?

I should probably stop. :D

Amazing manipulations. You have a Buddhist's patience when it comes to editing and really taking the time to tweak the little things until they are dead to reality. There's a little cohesion towards the end of the track. Your tracks are always a welcome example that there is much left in the sonic/music field to explore.

Great work.

Dood! Very Cool, very very cool... that's all I can say!

Thanks.

justin3am wrote:

hmmm, that is really interesting to me... I think I am going to spend some time tonight trying to expand how I create bass.

Thanks for this.

:-)

ckatrun411 wrote:
justin3am wrote:

hmmm, that is really interesting to me... I think I am going to spend some time tonight trying to expand how I create bass.

Thanks for this.

:-)
Indeed but take care to think about what each of these processes is doing to the fundamenal wave form. Adding odd order (or assymetrical) distrotion and chorus, to a bass sound is a quick way to get crazy phasing issues. If you don't have an easy way to mix to mono use a phase scope and spectrum analyzer to make sure that you don't lose any frequencies due to phasing. Sometimes I have to route everything below 250Hz to an LFE channel (mixed to mono using a utility plug) before sending it through FX to prevent the short delays and added harmonics from phase canceling all that deep punchy low-end.

fabulous. where squarepusher might have gone had he not fallen prey to worldly success. uncompromisingly justin and therein lies its power.

Return to “Music Cafe”