What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
dburgan
KVRian

1127 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:34 pm New free VST plugins (Windows) from Spirit Canyon Audio

After a long period of strategizing and product development, Spirit Canyon Audio is happy to announce the release of a number of free VST plugins:

http://www.spiritcanyonaudio.com/vst.php

There are two products released.

One is called "Ozone 2", which is the successor to the original free Ozone plugin we used to distribute under the PalancarWare name. The improvements include a proper GUI, plus a few changes to the underlying algorithms. While the plugin is made using Synthedit, it should be noted that all DSP is performed in a custom module developed by Spirit Canyon Audio, with the Synthedit shell being used strictly for the user interface. The result is a VST plugin with excellent CPU usage characteristics but all the developer conveniences of a Synthedit plugin.

The other product is called the "Live Pack", which is a collection of simple VST plugins that we find useful for live work, although they may be useful in other ways as well. These plugins are designed primarily for use in modular VST host environments, such as energyXT, CONSOLE, AudioMulch, Bidule, et al, but some may be useful in other environments as well. These plugins are all designed using Synthedit.

These plugins represent the first step down a new product development path for Spirit Canyon Audio. Rather than releasing simple collections of IRs, we are going one step further and will release innovative VST plugins that make use of our experience in designing convolution filters.

While Ozone 2 has little to do with our other products, it does represent the new architectural direction for Spirit Canyon Audio from a technology standpoint. So, even if you don't need yet-another-distortion-plugin, I would invite you to please download and try the plugin if only to assist me in proving the architecture works on as many people's computers as possible.

After Ozone 2 has been proven in the field, next up will be a release of Empire 2, which will be a much-needed update to our old Empire reverb plugin, using our new architecture. We also plan to release a free convolution plugin, in preparation for the release of our first VST-based commercial product (details coming soon).

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with these plugins. Also, if you are finding any particularly useful, I don't mind hearing about that either! ;-)

Cheers,
Darrell
Last edited by dburgan on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stanlea
KVRAF

4600 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Error loading Ozone2 in XT 1.4
Can't load Module. 'Sca.OZO2.300188B3'
You can't always get what you waaaant...
darem
KVRian

505 posts since 29 Jan, 2007, from Vienna, Austria

Postby darem; Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Thanks a lot, these should be inspiring.

PS: Ordered your impulse response libraries today, looking forward to work with them...
daRem - PinkLime Studios
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:43 pm

stanlea wrote:Error loading Ozone2 in XT 1.4

Heh well that didn't take long. Need some details:

1. What OS are you using specifically? E.g. Vista, XP SP3, etc.

2. What CPU are you using specifically? E.g. Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD K5, etc.

3. How much RAM are you using?

4. Which specific rev of XT 1.4 are you using? I.e. is it a beta or the released version?

Cheers!
Optomadic
KVRAF

6179 posts since 17 Oct, 2007

Postby Optomadic; Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:44 pm

dburgan no empire2 :D? Or should I be looking for the impulses? That would be amazing..
stay juicy!
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Optomadic wrote:dburgan no empire2 :D? Or should I be looking for the impulses? That would be amazing..

Empire 2 is also in the works. I actually already have it coded, just working out some bugs. Also, I'd like to see how the Ozone 2 release goes before I put Empire 2 out there.

But yeah anyway it is on the way soon. :-)
stanlea
KVRAF

4600 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:06 pm

dburgan wrote:

Heh well that didn't take long. Need some details:

1. What OS are you using specifically? E.g. Vista, XP SP3, etc.

2. What CPU are you using specifically? E.g. Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD K5, etc.

3. How much RAM are you using?

4. Which specific rev of XT 1.4 are you using? I.e. is it a beta or the released version?

Cheers!

XP SP2
Dual Core 6300
2 GB Ram
XT 1.4 regular (from the site)

edit : same in Reaper last version

edit 2 : no pb with all other plugs
You can't always get what you waaaant...
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:29 pm

stanlea wrote:XP SP2
Dual Core 6300
2 GB Ram
XT 1.4 regular (from the site)

edit : same in Reaper last version

edit 2 : no pb with all other plugs

Replied via PM. :-)
joshhunsaker
KVRian

1032 posts since 20 Jun, 2007

Postby joshhunsaker; Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:40 pm

i have to admit - the empire reverb is one of the best (free ones). i like it better than omniverb.
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:44 pm

joshhunsaker wrote:i have to admit - the empire reverb is one of the best (free ones). i like it better than omniverb.

Heh thx - remember that Empire is based on the Jezar Freeverb code, but with a couple of little tweaks, so truthfully Jezar gets 99% of the credit. :-)
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Or is Ozone 2 working fine for everyone else ... ?
lithren
KVRist

68 posts since 10 Sep, 2006

Postby lithren; Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:01 pm

dburgan wrote:

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Or is Ozone 2 working fine for everyone else ... ?

same here

win xp sp 1
p4 2.6 HT
ext 1.4 final
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:19 pm

lithren wrote:
dburgan wrote:

same here

win xp sp 1
p4 2.6 HT
ext 1.4 final

OK something funky going on then. I'm going to temporarily suspend the Ozone 2 release until I can get to the bottom of this. I'll post a few betas here and then re-release Ozone 2 once we figure out this error.

The Live Pack should be free of this problem, since it isn't making use of any funky custom SE modules. :-)
Optomadic
KVRAF

6179 posts since 17 Oct, 2007

Postby Optomadic; Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:39 pm

dburgan wrote:Empire 2 is also in the works. I actually already have it coded, just working out some bugs. Also, I'd like to see how the Ozone 2 release goes before I put Empire 2 out there.

But yeah anyway it is on the way soon. :-)

:hail: :shock: :-o OMG I cant wait! Please make it as simple and light weight as the original..

L
stay juicy!
foosnark
KVRAF

2611 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:02 am

Hmm, Ozone 2 doesn't have a link now, just "coming soon."

I'm looking forward to Empire 2 :)
Next

Return to Spirit Canyon Audio