bombastic wave, a song [oh no, more hippies]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Balding Hippies
"Traveling in a Fast Car"

keywords: bombastic wave, slow trip, arp on a harp, high-pitch farts
time: 5:34
size: 7,4MB
download: here

Again I'm exploring (less or more) popular music with a bit of experimentation. This time I was struggling with the mix and I hope it's at least listenable. Thank you and good luck.

For those who like to read technical stuff: Drum track is Battery drum'n'bass kit put through PSP Nitro and convolved into "shoe closet" IR I found here. FX sound appearing here and there, is mouth born fartlike thing (sort of what a trumpet player would sound without a trumpet) put through Dover vst Danger Flanger. Bass pad is a melange of different Prophet5 and Rhodes samples. And finally harp is Cameleon 5000 Harp FM, through unnatural space glass coffee pot IR I found somewhere on KVR (love this pack).

...must be either that good, or that bad... :hihi:

Cannot listen at the puter right now,
but listened once and it sounded good, remembered me of the Legendary Pink Dots
(which was for a certain time - when they were six and had Patrick Pagananini - my favorite band at the end of the eighties or so)!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

"bombastic wave", that's hilarious. I'm very much enjoying the drama, irony and sense of humor in this track. Well done. Thought the mix was more than listenable, thanks for the music.

ZQ, you are a weirdo... I mean that as a compliment as sincerely as I know how. Great sound design.

3am

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. It's depressing time of year multiplying with depressing time of month and you managed to cheer me up. :hyper:

I didn't see this track earlier... Truthfully it reminds me of a cross between they might be giants, and white zombie...

i love it for it's unique style, and instant cult appeal. You could be a religious figure with a track like this.

ckatrun411 wrote:You could be a religious figure
:-o Now I'm starting to be afraid of myself...

Masterpiece!

You nailed it 100%!

I love your hippy-stuff. gimme gimme gimme !

mellisse :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

on cd now with Radiohead, Oddbod, sHush, Bright Eyes et.al. bump

:shock:

Zombie Queen wrote::shock:

:o

Cool track ZQ, and I mean it
There are interesting and original solutions here, arrangements and sounds.
Sometimes vocals reminds me of Les Claypool
Great solo from 3.03 to 3.30
Truly innovative stuff

Cheers

Thank you Laguna, I'm not sure if vocal-wise comparison to Claypool, is actually a compliment, :hihi: but it's nice being mentioned next to him in any context.
The solo is not really a solo, it's 'arp on a harp', I copied midi clip used previously in the track and slapped cakewalk arpeggiator on it. :oops:

i can hear some Knockman and mello in there too, but they were not on the cd :hihi: :P

Return to “Music Cafe”