Olga?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Olga

I guess this is coming soon for mac and already available for windows VST and as a Reaper plugin.

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=37

It looks whack. I haven't listened to the audio demos yet, and I can't try it out until the mac version comes out, but I thought I'd start a discussion on it.

it is marvelous if it says what it does.

would like to hear the transistors crack

Though the gui is little too 'boutique' for me, I'm sure it's great. Didn't exactly raise any gearlust, I'm afraid.

I'm sure that was helpful :P

Hi there,

I admit I'm interested in Olga too, it has a great looking GUI, and the demo's are promising but as a reaper user i'm at odds as to which license to go for. I'm not making any commercial music yet but later on I plan too.

simon

Just tried it, apart from the text being in Russian? - did nothing for me :shrug:

thebaggytrouseredone wrote:Hi there,

I admit I'm interested in Olga too, it has a great looking GUI, and the demo's are promising but as a reaper user i'm at odds as to which license to go for. I'm not making any commercial music yet but later on I plan too.

simon
so buy a non-com license, i'm sure you can bung them the balance when you make your first million :wink:

looks like an interesting synth, going to try the demo later. you never know how much of it is ubermarketingspeak and how much is interesting new stuff.

rosllow.

just listened to the audio demos. They sounded pretty good, but I'm listening on crappy laptop speakers at the moment so I can't really be sure of sound quality without my headphones or studio monitors.

John-E34 wrote:Just tried it, apart from the text being in Russian? - did nothing for me :shrug:

Just played a little with too and the sound is sure not as exciting as the gui! Besides from one preset (unicorn) I found it sounds kind of "thin" and "crunchy", ya know, that high paperlike digital sound from older synthedit creations that can be harsh to your ears. But maybe thats exactly what somebody needs. However, the unicorn sound might suggest that it can be programmed to reproduce nice version of classic sweeps and maybe the lovely slightly detuned fat synthbass.

Best Regards
"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

Not able to open the plugin. An error window pops up. Good work... :x

I like the gritty sounds i get with this thing....i dont think it was necessarily designed to be a bread and butter synth, but a special characteristic synth that can go places a lot of synths cannot.

I personally like Olga but thats just one man's taste and im not exactly an all-synthman either and that may be why...will be interesting to see others chime in on this synth. I also like the relative simplicity of controls as like i said im not a synth genius...

plugin also works 100 percent fine for me, in both windows and in linux using wine...I will purchase this because if i make a commercial song i can pay the difference {i use reaper} and the elimination of demo nags definitely needs to be suported...even if its just with the smaller license for reaper :)
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

thorau wrote:Not able to open the plugin. An error window pops up. Good work... :x
On the page it says it won't work with some older processors but there is another version you can run :)

Straight away i like the sound of this synth.It's not often i get that immediacy but usable sound straight away.I like the fact that the text is in russian too,not knowing what all the controls do...

text in russian, but not correct russian. I think author is translated words using stupid online translator. Meshalka and vibrator sounds for me ...... :shrug: I feel queasy

I just had a listen on better speakers. I quite like the tone. Very electroclash. I will probably snag the AU version when it comes out.

MitchK1989 wrote:I just had a listen on better speakers. I quite like the tone. Very electroclash. I will probably snag the AU version when it comes out.
Also DnB/breaks i think.Has a very raw,aggressive sound.Evil bass!I like it :D

Return to “Instruments”