Mistress Liquifaction - mod of Jack Dark's Mister Liquid

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mistress Liquifaction VST & manual

Sorry about the box.net link - I still can't get my website to update.

This here's a modification of Jack Dark's legendary Mister Liquid VST, a modulated delay FSU fx. Based on his providing the SynthEdit source projects from all his VSTs :)

It features modulation from slewed version of Jack Dark's automated vector joystick, a step sequencer with 3 types of output modulation and an LFO, plus a default bank of 16 presets.

Enjoy this freeware homage to JD!
Last edited by runagate on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool idea... but I'm not sure about the GUI lol! Will try it anyway, that's the sounds that's important! Thanks!

yeeesss another mod of the genius jack dark,cant wait to try this

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalute!

this works great in renoise 1,9,1 i could use a slightly bigger gui,but other than that,then this is a nice piece of work :D

SampleScience wrote:Cool idea... but I'm not sure about the GUI lol! Will try it anyway, that's the sounds that's important! Thanks!
My GUIs are terrible, no argument there.

I don't have access to a scanner or I'd have tried to do justice to JD's GUIs - but it's not possible!
pattonfreak1 wrote:Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalute!
I'm glad to keep you busy, giga ;)
S-N-S wrote:this works great in renoise 1,9,1 i could use a slightly bigger gui,but other than that,then this is a nice piece of work :D
Mayhap de la Mancha will want to play with this one, and give it a nice GUI.
I'll definitely ask, and ask for it to be bigger - though have you seen Subhuman or Subatomic? hehe

I'm glad it's working for ya'll.

dont get me wrong,i really looove the gui as it is,but could use a slightly bigger one

Now links to my website instead of box.net

S-N-S, do you have a giant screen or something?

Or are the controls too cluttered?

dont have a giant screen yet,but i do think the controls are a bit cluttered

S-N-S wrote:dont have a giant screen yet,but i do think the controls are a bit cluttered
I personally have a rather small CRT monitor since my touchscreen died for no reason so that's why I ask. I notice SE prefabs are often spread across an unecessarily huge distance, and some rare VSTs don't fit in the space FL gives me to work ;)

I haven't even gotten a chance to use this one in a song yet.

Sounds great on my guitar, would be cool if it was realtime as opposed to delay-based, but that didn't make it less cool. Thanks.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

runagate wrote:
S-N-S wrote:dont have a giant screen yet,but i do think the controls are a bit cluttered
I personally have a rather small CRT monitor since my touchscreen died for no reason so that's why I ask. I notice SE prefabs are often spread across an unecessarily huge distance, and some rare VSTs don't fit in the space FL gives me to work ;)

I haven't even gotten a chance to use this one in a song yet.
it doesent matter about the size now,i used it the last couple of days,and now im sort of gotten used to it,and i really like it

thanx for sharing this.

do you have any more plans on mashing up more of JD plugs??(well i thought i would ask :D )

If you have synthedit you should give it a shot. His effects are so freaking weird it makes me feel less crazy about the way I wire things up. I guess we think in a sort of similar way, except I don't have the patience or skills to make an Iridesynth or Fx Lord. At least I understand the Fx Lord; most of his synths are just gobbeldygook to me (inside as SE projects, anyways; as instruments to use I understand them in my marrow!)

runbeerrun, I was pondering what you meant by "realtime" versus "delay based"...

There should be almost negligible latency from the Mistress, I think what you're hearing is due to the type of modulation.

But I also agree with you if I understand you correctly... and a lot of the recent things I've made are essentially taking stabs at that comb/FM kind of sound that makes spaghetti of audio in real time... especially Lilac's original version came close to it, but I had even less of an idea of wtf I was doing back then.

News: I'm working on a mod of Jack Dark's ROBOTICIZE.
Reason #1: Poking about in JD's crazy head has already taught me a lot, especially to be fearless about my quirky routing theories.
Reason #2: ya'll get new toys if I make something cool.

Seriously, if you want your brain to melt just look inside Kinetic Visual Replay if you've got SynthEdit.

I haven't used this plug in a few days, but I remember a delay between what I play and when I hear it. Definitely not 100% realtime.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Effects”