nebula users ideas and uses

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i thought it might be good for nebula users to post their most used sounds.
There are heaps of presets and it isnt apparent what each is good for, maybe by sharing, it might give others ideas!
Heres some of my favorites-

preamps:-
4KG to heaven s- run a few tracks through it seprately and they seem to sit nicer together
Bae1073- i tried this new one on a master/mix of acoustic guitars, it seemed to give a very pleasing sound, especially to the 'thwack' of the strums.

EQ's:-
bae1073- nice mid range boost, used on a mix it really bought out some of the electronic percussive elements in a nice way
(havent tried the hi and lo presets yet tho)
Channel one eq S- similar to the above but with a different effect/character,

Filter:-
Moog lo pass- i like the way it takes harshness and unnecessary hi freqs away from some of the softsynths i use. they sound a bit more 'analogue' maybe.

Tape:-
color tape- nice for a tape sound
dusty old tape- good for a bit of vintage vibe, add a bit of hi eq again afterwards, to taste.

Reverb-
Old plate- a nice warm reverb, i 've used it a bit on everything
300 warm plate 44.1- a very strong reverb, you can use quite a bit for character and it doesnt seem overdone !

I love tape 5042 I on vocals...

Angels eq for many tasks and mastering, VintageEQ for any personality eq's, Danish eq, StateOf eq's, BAE pre's and EQ's (no more need for buying UAD just for 1073'. Love the Yakuzi for drums and Boeing for group and mix.

Pre's:
Solo610 for some character
Behr TubeLimiter for guitar bus effects and room drum effects
AnalogChannel for character and larger change than Solo610
BAE is very nice, and could be used as a template in your DAW for a fairly clean mini-Neve console. Place a BAE3k on each mix channel with drive at -10dB and input at -3dB and output at +3dB, and place a 6K on mix bus, and you are mixing on a very clean Neve console with no degredations in signal chain beyond your channel inputs: the rest is being done digitally in your DAW!
Tapes:
Colortape
Strudels
All just excellent tape-scenario presets. When certain attack/release sampling methods are updated and integrated, Nebula will be king for quality, flexible tape.

More excellent choices coming soon!:shock:
:love:

nice one.. cant wait! :)

Return to “Effects”