3am - thorn (not glitchy... maybe a little)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a jazzy little number, kinda melancholy... just drums bass and epiano with some processing of course :)

thorn

It gets kinda monotonous in parts but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I think it sounds pretty natural for being 100% programmed.

Thanks for listening.

monotonous eh? Just as I was thinking where is he going with this I hit the 1.30 mark. Gorgeous bass and piano sounds.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Very nice. I like nothing more then Drums , EP & bass. What did you use for the drum tracks?
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

DELETED

The drums are from my private collection. I have an ever evolving Battery patch of my friend Jon's ever evolving kit. It started out as a Pearl Export Pro with Zildjian Z series cymbals but he has slowly replaced everything with custom shells and cymbals with no names on them. I think he got the kick that I use in this track from a pawn shop for like $30, the snare is a 14" Yamaha maple.

I progammed a bunch of drum loops then bounced them to audio and rearranged them to get a fake improvised feel.

The epiano is Lounge Lizard through Guitar Rig. The bass is just one of the stock standup basses from Kontakt3.

Thanks for the words guys :)

tag for when i get my computer back up..

Very sexy track Justin. I like the dark vibe a lot! The bass bends are very cool, I like the melt down part where everything just kinda drips, the drums are amazing. :love:
Image Image

Cutting edge. has to be heard at least twice. admittedly first time i fast forwarded the intro - skipped about 20 seconds as it starts a bit harsh, sort of speak. I would recommend shortening the intro for the non patient, Kvr member listener. or at least easing up on the twisting in the beginning.
(don't hate me)

Sounds are excellent and general mood setting hits the spot. never before has a visual image appeared so clearly in my mind.

I'm actually afraid of listening to this while smoking. :-o :-o

Thanks Hesus I appreciate you're willingness to listen more than once :) Honestly, I don't do much for the non patient KVRian, infact this might be one of the more listener friendly pieces I've dropped here. The thing is I've been spoiled by the group of very patient KVRians that take time to listen to even the most challenging work and say honestly "This is pretentious crap!" or "I think you're on to something here!"

I have an awesome opportunity here to spill my mind out without editing and I'm gateful for the people that do the same.

I couldn't hate anyone for an honest critique. ;)

I know what you mean about the imagery and I'm glad that it it was also evocative for you. :D

Cheers.

Being the none conformist I am I say do as the song & yourself desires. KVR is not what will satisfy you in the long run. In other words. I like it as is.. :)
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

damn, really nice job, J. Way to tackle the organics with the artful tweaking. Really nice and even confortable composition. I can almost see a very trained jazz outfit playing this live. I am trying to say anything other than praise for your work, but you just continue to surprise me and surpass my expectations. After about 3:00 is just zoner bliss. Nice work.

Awesome Song, the bass is what really makes it in my opinion. Nice tweakage its got awesome tone. You use Kontakt to do that or was that a result of outside effects?

wow! Great job. I had to download it to listen to it a few more times ... just now and in the future:)

Thanks guys! Jazzy, as always, you flatter me.

@wer123damned: If you are refering to the pitch bends I did them by transposing the audio with a clip envelope in Live. Using Kontakt's tune control to do the same thing sounded "better" but it wasn't what I wanted.

Something like Nebulous Phantom Jazz. Nice brush and bass programming, Interesting pitching effects. I'd be proud of it too.

Return to “Music Cafe”