Samplitude MS 14 Out & Discounted in the US

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dunno if anyone is interested in another low-cost host, but I just got the e-mail from Magix that they're now selling Samplitude Music Studio 14 in the US, with a $15 discount on the price. Brings it to $60 for the d/l version, and $65 for the boxed one.

http://www.magix.com/en/us/samplitude-m ... io/detail/

Even back to the days when Music Studio was a split between old Logic code and old Samp code, it was in many ways an amazing value for the money. Lots more power and features than you'd expect at that price point.

I don't know if this package is Samp 9 code or Samp 10.

Anybody got any thought or experience with this one? If I remember correctly, it's been available in Europe for awhile. At this price, I'm considering getting it just to fool around with it some, if it doesn't suck. :)
Last edited by GreyLion on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just got the same email. TBH if the multi-band enhancer is similar (or the same) to what I have in Samp pro 9 it's worth it just for that. But somebody on a small budget should really consider this for the hybrid engine which is great on saving cpu. For 65 bux this is a no brainer imo, if I didn't already have Samp I would want it in my toolbox.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

looks cool but £69 in the UK (~$136...)

no thank you.

I wonder how this compares feature wise to the free one released with CM Magazine..

What does this compare to? Cubase Studio 4?

lockheart wrote:What does this compare to? Cubase Studio 4?
closer to LE I reckon
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

GaryG wrote:looks cool but £69 in the UK (~$136...)

no thank you.
The D/L version is available to anyone, though :)

Anyone found a comparison chart with other Samps?

aMUSEd wrote:Anyone found a comparison chart with other Samps?
I think MS is pretty similar to SE9, except a slightly higher track count.
I'm wondering about the quality of the reverb in MS, seeing as it's based on Variverb Pro and all :)

Not sure if SE9 has Elastic Audio. Doesn't mention freeze - anyone know about that?

Thanks - so it does have some useful additions to SE9 - score editing, track freeze, elastic audio (although "easy" version) - even Variverb.

Pity no dual core support though.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - so it does have some useful additions to SE9 - score editing, track freeze, elastic audio (although "easy" version) - even Variverb.

Yeah, it's great value for money, I'm considering adding it to my arsenal as a mixing host.
Magix purposely keep MS a step or two behind the Samp series, dual core support will almost certainly be implemented sooner or later.

HI
I find the concept of treating multi-core support in host programs as some kind of advanced 'feature/extra' as being unusual in the extreme.

Having 'suffered' three years (or so) of Energy XT either not doing it well (XTV1) or not having it (XTV2) it makes me wonder at what point these developers will wake up and realise that multicore systems are popular, used in almost all new systems, been around for many years and pretty well standard for anyone using lots of plugins in their compositions.

Flipper.

Yeah, it's a strange one... People buying a computer now would have a very hard time finding someone who stocks single core processors :?

Oh wait, one of my local computer shops sells P4 3.8GhZ cpus. They're only £450 :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”