What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

huge library... drum machines

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

137 posts since 25 May, 2008, from sf bay

Postby davidbuhau; Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:47 pm huge library... drum machines

i figure this has already been posted

but

http://www.hexawe.net/mess/200.Drum.Machines/

and there's a mozilla plug called downthemall that will help you grab all the samples in the directories

david
KVRist

352 posts since 22 Jun, 2003, from Germany

Postby teacue; Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 am

Thanks a lot, I never saw this.
There are really a lot of nice gems there.

Thanks also for the hint about "downthemall", unfortunately I noticed it after I already manually downloaded what I need :oops:

Best regards
Cubase 7.5 - 64 bit, Mobo Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI, Intel Core i7-3930K, 16 Gb RAM, RME Raydat + ADI-8 AE, Win 8.1 - 64 bit
Banned

Postby Rangtangtang; Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:32 am

I downloaded a few and they seem like they are all the same to me so far, certaintly not the original's?
KVRAF

1554 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:23 am

Wow! That's so much samples!

Thanks for the link!!
LBN
KVRAF

2282 posts since 8 Apr, 2003, from Austin

Postby LBN; Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:12 pm

And if you're an energyXT2 user, download the I Hope You Like Drum Machines Collection. :tu:
KVRist

276 posts since 7 Jul, 2003, from Australia

Postby Plug; Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 am

This is an absolute goldmine! Thanks so much, also for the downthemall tip! Makes things much easier on the clicking fingers :)
KVRist

61 posts since 3 Jun, 2008

Postby Electrofreak; Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:10 am

Hello. Thanks for the samples but are they royality free for use in my productions ?
Thanks
KVRAF

12428 posts since 13 Nov, 2000, from Hannover / Germany

Postby Sascha Franck; Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:24 am

Regarding royalties: Regardless where these samples are coming from, using samples featuring synths as their sources should be more or less not critical. Assuming the worst case, it'd be that the "author" of the download page had stolen them from whatever sample CD or so. But even in that case, it'd only be him to get his butt slapped.
Apart from those legal aspects, if ever, I only use samples of such (or similar) origin in a highly tweaked way. So who'd be there to tell?

And no, so you don't get me wrong, I'm not defending sample piracy at all. Just that these days it really doesn't matter much anymore where your 808-ish hihat sample is coming from. Both the original makers of the machines and the original sampling folks most likely (and hopefully) have better things to do than to care.

I know, this is not exactly a strictly legal point of view. And of course, ymmv, as so often. Fine with me. Personally, I have more legally aquired samples than I could ever listen to in all my life, so I probably won't even bother downloading these (even if there seem to be a few potentially interesting ones).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.
KVRist

61 posts since 3 Jun, 2008

Postby Electrofreak; Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:36 am

Ok Thank you very much.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries