Jazzyspoon - not really for everyone....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR peoples,
I have been relocating my gear and learning a new room and embarking on a lot of new projects. Most of what i am about to share either isn't done yet (so feel free to bash or embrace) or I have abandoned for newer work. Some of it was even just for kicks and to try to learn my new recording space.

The first is a dubby wierd track that I basically threw together to learn some frequency response. It's a dub version of an older Jaes 1 track of mine. thanks to Jeff Berndhart for the horns and reaktor for the meat.

LOGOS JUB - Jazzyspoon
320 kbps 5:06 11mb
--------------------
And for fun, I threw together a cheap ass Utube video for my track "2morrow" off of the A La Kart 2 CD(still on sale! :)). Remember, i know this is cheesy and the audio isn't par, but its a way to hear the song for those who haven't listened to that CD. (The song actually goes somewhere if you give it a chance)

2MORROW (A La Kart 2 video) - Jazzyspoon
---------------------
For the noiseists, this is a track I did for drumity and his painting titled
L'Énergie Concentrée - Jazzyspoon
320kbps 5:57 13.6mb
---------------------
For the pop crowd, i have reawakened an older act and started writing some trip hoppy stuff with my friend Lisa.
This isn't a finished version by any means, but you'll be able to tell where it's going (for better or worse).
IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME - Water Fae
320kbps 8.5mb 3:42
---------------------
and lastly, I was playing around with something more upbeat for room testing, but have abandoned it. So, for what it's worth, you may now commence with the bashing...
FRYING PAN CREW - Jazzyspoon

there's more to share (in other styles), but I should probably finish something before I post obnoxiously like this.... :hihi:
Thanks for listening/watching to those that can.
peace

you're class... nuff said.

logos job - great feel, plinky plonky with an edge, and the brass :love: is that samples ?

l energie concentree - really heavy, dark and warm and cold all at once. pushed to the edge, great sounds.

it could have been me - four tet meets theivery corporation, groovy and thumping, would be great with a smoke and massive bass bins.

frying pan crew - really neat edits, great sound design, 4/4 with a soul. tres cool.

8)

rosllow.

Thanks, rosllow. (I heart rosllow)

The horns were a track of improv horn playing by Jeff Berndhart (I always think I'm spelling his name wrong).
Thanks for listening through this list. If you get a chance to watch the video, I would also like to know your thoughts on it.
Later,
J

watched the vid too, looks like a nice bit of the world.

the missus really likes this tune, she overheard a bit of it and i had to put it on the stereo downstairs for her. a nice mix of dubby bass and drums with an almost poppy vocal vibe. she wants the vox louder, i think they are about right.

the visuals suit the audio quite nicely, soundtrack for a roadtrip on a wet and windy day. reminds me of when i was a student we used to drop some acid and take turns to sit right up against the windscreen in a knackered ford cortina, my mate used to refer to it as "flying fish".... not quote that stupid nowadays :oops:

cool ending :D

cheers,

rosllow.

Loving the weirdness of Lgos Jubb and the yummy textures and steely toms left and right. Awesome trumpet sound too.

2morrow I'd seen before and enjoy a lot. The wet, woods smothered roads echo the sweet and sour, intriguing feel of you vocals.

I still want to sing back vox on It could have been me :cry:
Actually I want to be in your band :D

The Frying Pan Crew ! I didn't expect it to be so danceable! I would have hit the dancefloor immediatetly were it not for those heavy gold chains and finger rings that weigh me down (not to mention a massive Vietnamese banquet today). Can I have a whole album like this to play in my car please?

:o

So many nice presents and it's not even my birthday. Thanks, Jazzyspoon, sure have missed hearing you.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME immediately stole my heart's attention, the video made me homesick, and LOGOS JUB will be rattling about in my brain for days. Matter of fact, it was all good. Cheers.

Jazzyspoon wrote:For the noiseists, this is a track I did for drumity and his painting titled
L'Énergie Concentrée - Jazzyspoon
320kbps 5:57 13.6mb
this is a very nice track. 8)

I told you that you're Logos-themes piece is amazing prior to you posting it here, but here's a bump for me noticing 3 tracks I don't already have. Thanks!

Bloody hell! You really have the full package Jazzy... you flit effortlessly between styles and roles and you do it all so well.

Logos Jub - Umm, those tuned percs are frakin awesome, cools sounds abound, throbbing, stretching, wicked delays, and it's always great to hear Jaes.

2morrow - just stop trying to pretend you're not doing subliminal adverts for McDonalds. :wink: Seriously, this track is such a gem imo as it covers a lot of ground... great composition, arrangement, mix, genre melding, sound design, oh, and you manage to sing on it as well! Damn, brutha! That music box-y, slidey organ-y, guitar stuff in the verse is just mental, I can't describe how much I love that arrangement. I love the loneliness of the video, the inclement weather and the sense of leaving - works perfectly for me.

L'Énergie Concentrée - Lovely machine-world drone, sense of desolation, sadness, confusion. Great filmy piece and nice sounds.

It Could Have Been Me - Great folky feel at the start (are you playing all that?), nice merge of styles and Lisa sounds really good.

Frying Pan Crew - Awesome dance track! The sound design and arrangement are superb. Love the tempo shifted breakdown/outro with the heavy dose of fsu at the end.

What a ride, thank you!
Image Image

only had time to listen to 2morrow then off to work

I thought it was great tune
lots of good stuff happening at the end
was wondering if I heard the prodyon ironizer being used

:heart: Logos jub, awesome track. Loving the processed horn stuff, the vocals, bumpy beats. There's something in here for everyone!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

rosllow wrote:watched the vid too, looks like a nice bit of the world.

the missus really likes this tune, she overheard a bit of it and i had to put it on the stereo downstairs for her. a nice mix of dubby bass and drums with an almost poppy vocal vibe. she wants the vox louder, i think they are about right.

the visuals suit the audio quite nicely, soundtrack for a roadtrip on a wet and windy day. reminds me of when i was a student we used to drop some acid and take turns to sit right up against the windscreen in a knackered ford cortina, my mate used to refer to it as "flying fish".... not quote that stupid nowadays :oops:

cool ending :D

cheers,

rosllow.
tip my hat to the missus. I debated on the volume of the vocals (as my ALKomrades know) for quite a while and decided to blend them into the music rather than make them the total focal point. I have flirted with the idea of doing a remix eventually (or maybe posting one) where the vocals could be louder.

The "flying fish" sounds like something crazy I would have done as well (hilarious meets stupid), but somehow i would have worked binoculars and a kaleidescope into the act. :lol:

@ VIM - Thanks, bro - and you are in my band, we just are very, very relaxed about rehearsals. I'll see if i can throw an upbeat driving CDS together for you.
the mighty bobsled wrote:So many nice presents and it's not even my birthday. Thanks, Jazzyspoon, sure have missed hearing you.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME immediately stole my heart's attention, the video made me homesick, and LOGOS JUB will be rattling about in my brain for days. Matter of fact, it was all good. Cheers.
My other Colorado buddy, where have you been?!?! Did you hibernate for the winter? Good to hear from you again. I hope you are well. :D
Happy belated/pre-emptive birthday then!

Jack wrote:this is a very nice track. 8)
Thanks, Jack. I am always hoping you will be one of those that listens when I post. You seem to have a very refined taste in music listening.

@ Polyslax - Thank you, my friend, for the detailed critique and the compliments. Ronald gave me a million to put hazy image in there. I turned it down, of course, for the free lunch in the mountains.
And as for the Water Fae track, there is a version I have where I am playing a drop detuned rhythm guitar, but I really liked this ethnic sampled mandolin/guit one for the trip hop feel, so I swapped it out. Again, once finished, there will probably be several alternative mixes.
opia wrote:I thought it was great tune
lots of good stuff happening at the end
was wondering if I heard the prodyon ironizer being used
Thanks, opia. Glad you could watch. I'm not sure what the prododyn ionizer is, but now I feel like I'm missing something good. Will have to investigate. The end part is actually a drum beat made out of a screeching noise made with a combo of Battery 3, Sizzle Spine, and then Reaktored to a smeary death in one of my ensembles.
core wrote::heart: Logos jub, awesome track. Loving the processed horn stuff, the vocals, bumpy beats. There's something in here for everyone!
Nice, glad you liked it. My poor room mate from a few years back (who's heard it a billion times while I worked on it) calls the song my "tennis shoes in the dryer" beat and it seems pretty fitting. :hihi:

In case you missed all the previous posts, you have some great stuff here. What a range.

Logos Jub - I'm a sucker for reverbed trumpet and your arrangement builds a nice house around it.

2morrow - Great stuff and your budget video totally works.

L'Énergie Concentrée - I'm into ambient/drone so you scored a winner for me there.

It Could Have Been Me - The writing and vocal here are wonderful. Your accompaniment is also top notch. Liked the mix on my good speakers, seemed a little off on my computer speakers though. Wouldn't comment on it except this has a wider audience.

Frying Pan Crew - You thought we wouldn't like it, but we did anyway.

wow, thanks, clearned! :oops: Your warm review and response is unbelievably appreciated.
yea, I figured I get some jabs for the Frying Pan reference, but it's a nice surprise that people are enjoying it.

As Poly would say..."cheers". :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”