Tell me a Story

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A short tune composed last night.

http://maxb.altervista.org/MP3/MassimoB ... AStory.mp3
(copy and paste to a new browser window)

Have fun! :D

Hi Max,

please check the link, the space makes the link invalid.
Nice tune, I like the beginning and the ending. The middle part (where the drums are starting) is too cheesy for me in a certain way. At first I thought this would be a trance tune and then ... :wink:
Nice sounds in general. Maybe you would want to check if you can mix the choir more modern which would fit the rest of the tune better me thinks.

Shogger

shogger wrote:Hi Max,

please check the link, the space makes the link invalid.
Nice tune, I like the beginning and the ending. The middle part (where the drums are starting) is too cheesy for me in a certain way. At first I thought this would be a trance tune and then ... :wink:
Nice sounds in general. Maybe you would want to check if you can mix the choir more modern which would fit the rest of the tune better me thinks.

Shogger
Thanks for the comment Shogger ;)
Sssshhh keep the secret: I know why it sounds cheesy :D Because all the sounds are from a library I put together using very very old samples (some samples are from the Amiga MOD scene).

About the choir I don't know what you mean with "more modern". Anyway I had a lot of problems to make the choir stand in the mix so I'm not surprised you find something wrong in it :) What's your suggestion? Volume? Eq? Any tip is appreciated :)

Max

Oh about the link: is Kvr that puts the space in the name, I don't know why.

MaxSynths wrote:Oh about the link: is Kvr that puts the space in the name, I don't know why.
You can run but you can't hide.

Goodbye

Please do some more work on this. It is very promising, but the quality of the sounds let it down - don't know if that's your sources or a hurried mix.

I like the way it develops, but think there is plenty of room for it to do more later on - yes it needs to be a lot longer :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Please do some more work on this. It is very promising, but the quality of the sounds let it down - don't know if that's your sources or a hurried mix.

I like the way it develops, but think there is plenty of room for it to do more later on - yes it needs to be a lot longer :)
Thanks. Has been done very quickly in just one night as a "gift" for a friend. Yes I think It's a little short. I'll continue to work on this one later...

In the meantime a friend has been so kind to make a video out of it :)
Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdiM5bAwlXk

MaxSynths wrote:About the choir I don't know what you mean with "more modern". Anyway I had a lot of problems to make the choir stand in the mix so I'm not surprised you find something wrong in it :) What's your suggestion? Volume? Eq? Any tip is appreciated :)

Max
Hi Max,

cut the mids in the choir a little at 750Hz to make it sound more balanced.

Shogger

i clicked the link, and got:

"Pony Mania
Passione per l'equitazione
Tutto su pony e cavalli
Sito dedicato ad una passione per i pony ed una passione per i cavalli"

i was amused to discover that the italian word for "pony" is..."pony", but i don't think that's what you intended.

successfully downloaded. i can only echo all previous comments, including your own re: old sound libraries.

regarding making the choir sound more "modern" - perhaps it sounds a little too munchkin-ised/keyboard driven, like the notes are being switched on and switched off rather than being sung. Emulator-II style? :)

clueless wrote:successfully downloaded. i can only echo all previous comments, including your own re: old sound libraries.

regarding making the choir sound more "modern" - perhaps it sounds a little too munchkin-ised/keyboard driven, like the notes are being switched on and switched off rather than being sung. Emulator-II style? :)
No: Symphony if Voices style :D The only modern thing in it. Well I don't know... it's a soprano choir played staccato. I've tried to do the best with the notes "on-off switching" :D Anyway this is the first time I used the library so I have to practice, I suppose.

Sorry for the pony accident :hihi:

shogger wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:About the choir I don't know what you mean with "more modern". Anyway I had a lot of problems to make the choir stand in the mix so I'm not surprised you find something wrong in it :) What's your suggestion? Volume? Eq? Any tip is appreciated :)

Max
Hi Max,

cut the mids in the choir a little at 750Hz to make it sound more balanced.

Shogger
LOL :lol: It's just the frequency I have boosted to make the choir more present :D I know what's happened... I was excited with the new library and I've spent too much time on the choir. I'll try to fix it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Return to “Music Cafe”