Energy XT2 instability

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is anyone else having problems with eXT2 poofing while editing automation curves? All I have to do is click on a recorded curve a few times or sometimes just move it and it dies on me - doesn't seem to matter what the plugin is. Been like that for several versions now making it totally unusable.

I suspended testing after songs I started kept crashing... changing presets in a saved song, saving presets, etc. That and the drum clips not expanding like a midi clip for editing, it's just too much hassle. I'm willing to beta test XT2, but I'm not going to spend hours working on a song, then reopen it later and have to force quit over and over. I'm using the Mac version of course, so it may be related to that? I guess you have a lot of extra issues dealing with VST and AU on the Mac so I expect it's a lot more complicated... I'll keep checking in to see what's happening. I'm hoping it will at least become stable in it's current config... with drum changes! :)

Well I'm on Windows XP and it's just as unstable for me. I just manage to record something and do a bit of editing and poof. What's the point?

HI

Is it always as a result of automation editing that you get crashing?

I ask as I have found V2 to be very stable - but I use it in a very basic way at the moment, in fact other than when automation was first introduced I have not otherwise used it.

Flipper.

Seems to be but I haven't been able to keep it open long enough to try other things. Without automation though there's not much point in using it - I use automation a lot.

i too had xt2 crashing on me when i edited in winxp
automation curves for my hardware mks70 and 80 synths,
even on a reopened project, but this was with the february beta , havent tested recent ones for this.

original flipper wrote:HI

Is it always as a result of automation editing that you get crashing?
so is xt2 halfway stable yet?

I'd say not. Still very unstable for me. It's getting better, but for supposedly official release stage software it remains pitiful. It's a curious state of affairs where the weekly "beta" releases are more reliable than the last significant release.

More specifically to this thread, yeah, I'm still having an especially large amount of crashes with automation.

is there an easy way to reproduce this? can someone provide a project file that will crash when the automation is edited?

also, if you're experiencing this crash, what is the audio buffer size set to in the XT2 setup window?
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

I would but I can't save from the demo - just been testing it out every now and then, keeping it in my radar so to speak (used to own it but sold it as XT2 wasn't working for me)

Buffer is 264 - why should that matter? I haven't changed it actually.

aMUSEd wrote:I would but I can't save from the demo - just been testing it out every now and then, keeping it in my radar so to speak (used to own it but sold it as XT2 wasn't working for me)

Buffer is 264 - why should that matter? I haven't changed it actually.
in my testing i couldn't get it to crash when the buffer was set to a power of 2. if you can, try to set it to 256 or 512 and see if it still crashes.
wrongtastic, baby

Interesting - any idea why?

not sure, but there is also a problem with envelopes sending out-of-bounds values when the buffer is set to an odd size. i'm guessing it's related to that somehow.
wrongtastic, baby

It won't seem to let me change it for some reason - if I type in 256 or 512 and click apply it just switches back to 264?? Is that another demo limitation?

Oh it looks like it's set by the asio driver and eXT can't override it

Return to “energyXT”