V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gafaell wrote:Yes. Its more worthy to buy a simple sound module (Roland or any other brand) and get better sounds with less trouble and same price. No programming, no wizard files, no hardware and firware problems...easy.

I play mainly funk music, with clavinets, pads, hammonds, lead synths.

The idea of the VM is good, but, for me, it does not work at all.

Good luck for the rest of you !
Gafaell, I so totally disagree with you. I think we all know that by now VSTi:s have surpassed the quality of hardware modules in general.

Yes, things are going slower than most of us wished for, but isn't that what happens in 99,9% of the cases where there's a software-developer involved.... I don't like it but in this case SMPro Audio isn't worse than anyone else. And their support by the way, is excellent compared to many others. Period.

VFXAU wrote:
SoftPlayer wrote:When will the mac version of the vfx software be out? I can see "mid of february" on the site - does that mean mid of february 2010?

Unfortunately there's no way so far to load custom plugins as a mac user, which makes the v-machine as well as useless... I've been waiting now for over three months for the vfx mac release - any hope that it will still come at all?
This is what the team has been concentrating on and why no other PC updates have been done, we already have a Beta version out with some users. I think by end of this week I will make sure it is up on the website as well.
This means until tomorrow or saturday? Would be great.

If you clearly specify it as beta you can't be blamed if not everything works as expected. The more people check it out and give their feedback before the final release the better will be the final release.

You should have done this with the v-machine in general before it's release - it's not very popular if buyers in the end become beta testers because it's not yet really finished and prooved

I'll be positively surprised if it will be really there by the end of the week - otherwise you should at least remove "available approximately mid of february" and "And remember: Now you can play all your favorite Windows plug-ins (dll-files) on Mac!" which is there now since about four months and can't be taken serious any more - better write: "future mac support planned" which would be more honest

Did anyone notice that the V-machine won't save the chosen patchnumber in the preset? When I open the preset (first preset in the bank) it's always the first patch in the VB3.

/Anders

hello janka,

will try that out too.

max

janka wrote:Did anyone notice that the V-machine won't save the chosen patchnumber in the preset? When I open the preset (first preset in the bank) it's always the first patch in the VB3.

/Anders
yes, and already told here to SM. IMO, this has to be addressed in the next Firmware, a must.

Danny, how can we know in what the developers are working for the next Firmware? Is there a list for pending bugs/improvements?

Or is it better we ask for bugs/improvement directly to the SM support site?

Ramon

mon8169 wrote:
janka wrote:Did anyone notice that the V-machine won't save the chosen patchnumber in the preset? When I open the preset (first preset in the bank) it's always the first patch in the VB3.

/Anders
yes, and already told here to SM. IMO, this has to be addressed in the next Firmware, a must.

Danny, how can we know in what the developers are working for the next Firmware? Is there a list for pending bugs/improvements?

Or is it better we ask for bugs/improvement directly to the SM support site?

Ramon
Hi All,

For the past few weeks most of the team was working on the MAC application, not so easy as we install PC win DLL and actually install them in a MAC VM.. anyway, this will be posted maybe tonight or tomorrow some time.

For the V-Machine Firmware and the Application itself what I can see in the next 5-10 days released is the following:

Global Save (so setting are saved when the unit is switched off)
Ability to run MIDI VST's so you can run all those midi plugins for transpose, splits, arpegiators etc.
SyncroSoft dongle support
A whole host of little nigly things sorted out.
I feel within the next 3-4 weeks most of the items on our list of bugs will be stamped out.
The sun is going to shine in the morning, at least above the clouds.

VFXAU wrote:this will be posted maybe tonight or tomorrow some time
maybe... can't see anything so far, exept still: aproximately mid of february - better write: aproximately somewhen maybe

I'm better going to check back again in one year or so...

SoftPlayer wrote:
VFXAU wrote:this will be posted maybe tonight or tomorrow some time
maybe... can't see anything so far, exept still: aproximately mid of february - better write: aproximately somewhen maybe

I'm better going to check back again in one year or so...
not that bad... :-) I am pushing believe me... will be up next 24 hours I am sure of that..
The sun is going to shine in the morning, at least above the clouds.

hi everybody!

i've updated the frontpage of smproaudio.com :)

please take a look and download the mac beta tomorrow evening (european time)!

best regards
pete

For the past few weeks most of the team was working on the MAC application, not so easy as we install PC win DLL and actually install them in a MAC VM.. anyway, this will be posted maybe tonight or tomorrow some time.
i really hope this works well... does it mean you can load windows vstis in the smpro app on your mac and play them with low latency? when this is no longer a beta will it be available to people who don't own a v-machine? will it become a product in its own right?

I'm a V-MACHINE user and like everyone I'm having a bunch of problems with this box.

One of the most annoying thing is that we've bought this machine, IMHO, totally not ready to be selled; many of the most famous VST doesn't work and also if the support says the Machine works with many plug-in, I really don't think anybody cares to run effectively "ARPY", "PhadiZ" or similar :lol:

Also I don't like this "break" due to the MAC development; with so many bugs with the windows version I would expect to solve these before start implementing other OS.

sincerely

smproaudio wrote:hi everybody!

i've updated the frontpage of smproaudio.com :)

please take a look and download the mac beta tomorrow evening (european time)!

best regards
pete
cool!
hibrasil wrote:i really hope this works well... does it mean you can load windows vstis in the smpro app on your mac and play them with low latency? when this is no longer a beta will it be available to people who don't own a v-machine? will it become a product in its own right?
as far as I know it will be free and works independently from the v-machine (although it's mainly thought to prepare plugind for the v-machine) - but I'm not sure...

Hey,
Does anyone know if its possible to load Emulator X2 on the V-Machine as a VST?
Emulator X2 is pretty big, but I only want to get some of the presets.
Emulator X2 also needs a dongle to run, is there room for this on the V-Machine?

Thanks.

fred12345 wrote:Hey,
Does anyone know if its possible to load Emulator X2 on the V-Machine as a VST?
Emulator X2 is pretty big, but I only want to get some of the presets.
Emulator X2 also needs a dongle to run, is there room for this on the V-Machine?

Thanks.
It will certainly not work as Emulator X2 needs Emu hardware like a midi keyboard, USB audio card 404 connected to run + you need the CD to activate the software.

I tried the free available Proteus VX which is able to load Emulator X2 banks but it doesn't work either. Shame as it is one of the best sample(and players) around with superb effects!

wow that really sucks...
I was really hoping to get some hardware module to run some of the presets I created with Emu. I don't wanna be walking around with my laptop anymore..
Any suggestions?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”