Have No Fear-Omnisphere Is Hear!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello & thanks for stopping by!

Here's a track that is all Omnisphere with the exception of drum loops & vocal samples.

Nu-Jazz Fusion

It's Autumn Again.mp3
Last edited by any1particular on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yyyaaaaayyy another Omnisphere thread

like the arrangement.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Sounds like it's the early 90s again.
I Music.

Don't spam, one thread is enough. Moved to Music Cafe and duplicate Cafe thread (which had no replies) deleted.

lol, "this is fun"

i like the beat with the lushness that omnisphere brings. cool demo.

Sorry, was that a pun in the topic title?? "Hear" instead of "Here"...? Sorry... with my copywriter's DNA I couldn't resist asking.

Regards,

T
Eion Flow: Lush, cinematic electronica from the urban galaxy that is Tokyo, Japan. More on eionflow.com | Facebook | Soundcloud

Just IMHO:

(1) Cut the intro by a couple of bars. The "this is fun!" bit is cool but it takes too long to get to it.
(2) Overall, the song length post-intro is also too long. The track length could be reduced by half and not lose anything.
(3) The choice of Omnisphere sounds fits the intent of the track well.
(4) The mix is good.
(5) The writing (playing, chord choice, etc) is good.

Note that with respect to comments (1) & (2) I am increasingly of the "get out of the track in under roughly 3 minutes and 30 seconds plus or minus 30 seconds" school, especially if it is an instrumental. The corollary to that opinion is "always leave 'em wanting more". I have a friend that always puts tasty bits of playing in the fade out deliberately for that reason.

Just my opinion, of course. It is your track done your way and that's how it should be. (3), (4), and (5) is something I always try to do, regardless of sound sources and you did that well. (1) and (2) are things I have learned from songwriters I admire - YMMV there.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

love the chords and the theme but find the drums too electronic.
some real drums would make this perfect for me but i guess you were looking for that particular feel.
in that case consider your mssion accomplished!

8)

gnu23 wrote:Just IMHO:

(1) Cut the intro by a couple of bars. The "this is fun!" bit is cool but it takes too long to get to it.
(2) Overall, the song length post-intro is also too long. The track length could be reduced by half and not lose anything.
(3) The choice of Omnisphere sounds fits the intent of the track well.
(4) The mix is good.
(5) The writing (playing, chord choice, etc) is good.

Note that with respect to comments (1) & (2) I am increasingly of the "get out of the track in under roughly 3 minutes and 30 seconds plus or minus 30 seconds" school, especially if it is an instrumental. The corollary to that opinion is "always leave 'em wanting more". I have a friend that always puts tasty bits of playing in the fade out deliberately for that reason.

Just my opinion, of course. It is your track done your way and that's how it should be. (3), (4), and (5) is something I always try to do, regardless of sound sources and you did that well. (1) and (2) are things I have learned from songwriters I admire - YMMV there.
Hello gju23.

Thank you for the very thought full and informative criticisms.

I can handle it, really appreciate it and need it.

We need more of it-it helps to drive quality.

I'm one guy sitting at his computer composing, performing, engineering and producing-other than music I am untrained.

And so I need you all to help me out.

It took me about five hours to compose & post It's Autumn Again-rather thrown together.

I'm going to sit down today and apply 1.& 2. from your list and re post it.

I totally agree with you-great suggestions.

Am I allowed to re post it?

And regarding Dr Wu's (my new friend Hans) suggestion of using acoustic drums rather than electronic:

I was trying to give it a modern twist so it wouldn't sound 90's as suggested by someone above.

But I like that idea as well-I'll replace the electronic drums with acoustic.

I'm inspired by these ideas!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Chuck.

Um, that sounds AMAZING! What program did you use for the drums?
It sounds like stylus but also like you are using S.A.G.E. Expanders. I really want to make some IDM drums like that but I don't know how.

any1particular wrote:
Hello gju23.

Thank you for the very thought full and informative criticisms.

I can handle it, really appreciate it and need it.

We need more of it-it helps to drive quality.

I'm one guy sitting at his computer composing, performing, engineering and producing-other than music I am untrained.

And so I need you all to help me out.

It took me about five hours to compose & post It's Autumn Again-rather thrown together.

I'm going to sit down today and apply 1.& 2. from your list and re post it.

I totally agree with you-great suggestions.

Am I allowed to re post it?

And regarding Dr Wu's (my new friend Hans) suggestion of using acoustic drums rather than electronic:

I was trying to give it a modern twist so it wouldn't sound 90's as suggested by someone above.

But I like that idea as well-I'll replace the electronic drums with acoustic.

I'm inspired by these ideas!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Chuck.
I just gave the revised track a re-listen. Nice! The intro is dead-on perfect, the body works really well, and the wrap-up is more compact. I noticed you added some new bits here and there (they work) and restated the important point of the intro ("This is fun!") - I thought that was really cool. It comes in at around 5 minutes now, but that works in the context of the mood you are setting so it's all good.

Keep writing! I'll keep listening. :)
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Return to “Music Cafe”